ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Transfer help

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
pauljbl
Posts: 7
Joined: 13 Oct 2013, 17:56
Gender: Male

Transfer help

Post by pauljbl »

Hi
I am trying to get a transfer as I want to relocate. My Dom says I need to use the online site to apply for transfers.

I have been applying for 4 so far but keep getting unsuccessful.
I thought I would get the transfer as I am already working for them. Is this normal? It seems impossible to get a transfer.
rubberbond
Posts: 1497
Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
Gender: Male

Transfer help

Post by rubberbond »

The advice I was given by my DOM,was to contact the Area Rep,for the area you wish to transfer to. Most of them are only too happy to help in my experience.
pauljbl
Posts: 7
Joined: 13 Oct 2013, 17:56
Gender: Male

Transfer help

Post by pauljbl »

How do I find contact info for the area rep?

Thanks
swiss-tony
Posts: 12
Joined: 03 Apr 2007, 18:01

Transfer help

Post by swiss-tony »

Can you do a swap with someone from another office and keep your full time hours? And why is there nothing on the Royal Mail site for people who want to transfer or swap offices?
IcanthelpthewayIam
Posts: 4067
Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
Gender: Male

Transfer help

Post by IcanthelpthewayIam »

swiss-tony wrote:Can you do a swap with someone from another office and keep your full time hours? And why is there nothing on the Royal Mail site for people who want to transfer or swap offices?

swaps are not allowed, any ft vacancy should be offered internally in the office prior to a transfer in
swiss-tony
Posts: 12
Joined: 03 Apr 2007, 18:01

Transfer help

Post by swiss-tony »

Ok thanks
pauljbl
Posts: 7
Joined: 13 Oct 2013, 17:56
Gender: Male

Transfer help

Post by pauljbl »

Why do I keep getting unsuccessful at transfer as am already a Rm employee I thought we get priority
rubberbond
Posts: 1497
Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
Gender: Male

Transfer help

Post by rubberbond »

pauljbl wrote:How do I find contact info for the area rep?

Thanks
Ask your unit rep,if you have one, to get you the info,if not your local CWU Office should help.
Darren Bent
Posts: 2150
Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
Gender: Male
Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL

Transfer help

Post by Darren Bent »

Go to the office you want to transfer and ask to speak to the DOM and she/he will help you if they need you badly.
pauljbl
Posts: 7
Joined: 13 Oct 2013, 17:56
Gender: Male

Transfer help

Post by pauljbl »

I did speak with them at the office wanted to transfer to but didn't seem to help.
pauljbl
Posts: 7
Joined: 13 Oct 2013, 17:56
Gender: Male

Transfer help

Post by pauljbl »

When you say area rep is that a union rep?
Do I need to be in the union to do that?
rubberbond wrote:
pauljbl wrote:How do I find contact info for the area rep?

Thanks
Ask your unit rep,if you have one, to get you the info,if not your local CWU Office should help.
salomon2
Posts: 103
Joined: 07 Jan 2016, 10:27
Gender: Female

Transfer help

Post by salomon2 »

We've got people transferring in to our office on more hours than me and other part timers, I raised the issue as we want more hours, I was told we can swap contracts or at least be offered the extra hours but it hasn't happened. We've got 2 more coming next week and I'm losing my ot hours as are others.
IcanthelpthewayIam
Posts: 4067
Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
Gender: Male

Transfer help

Post by IcanthelpthewayIam »

salomon2 wrote:We've got people transferring in to our office on more hours than me and other part timers, I raised the issue as we want more hours, I was told we can swap contracts or at least be offered the extra hours but it hasn't happened. We've got 2 more coming next week and I'm losing my ot hours as are others.
get your rep to put a stage 1 disagreement in over it, the way forward agreement is clear on this, vacancies are to be offered internally first before a transfer in
WOBBLY
Posts: 362
Joined: 27 Apr 2012, 13:19
Gender: Male

Transfer help

Post by WOBBLY »

Do you not have to fill an official transfer request form in anymore? This is what I had to do a few years back and was essential for me being allowed to take up a new job at my new office.......
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Transfer help

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

pauljbl wrote:When you say area rep is that a union rep?
Do I need to be in the union to do that?
Yes
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.