ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Transfer help
-
pauljbl
- Posts: 7
- Joined: 13 Oct 2013, 17:56
- Gender: Male
Transfer help
Hi
I am trying to get a transfer as I want to relocate. My Dom says I need to use the online site to apply for transfers.
I have been applying for 4 so far but keep getting unsuccessful.
I thought I would get the transfer as I am already working for them. Is this normal? It seems impossible to get a transfer.
I am trying to get a transfer as I want to relocate. My Dom says I need to use the online site to apply for transfers.
I have been applying for 4 so far but keep getting unsuccessful.
I thought I would get the transfer as I am already working for them. Is this normal? It seems impossible to get a transfer.
-
rubberbond
- Posts: 1497
- Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
- Gender: Male
Transfer help
The advice I was given by my DOM,was to contact the Area Rep,for the area you wish to transfer to. Most of them are only too happy to help in my experience.
-
pauljbl
- Posts: 7
- Joined: 13 Oct 2013, 17:56
- Gender: Male
Transfer help
How do I find contact info for the area rep?
Thanks
Thanks
-
swiss-tony
- Posts: 12
- Joined: 03 Apr 2007, 18:01
Transfer help
Can you do a swap with someone from another office and keep your full time hours? And why is there nothing on the Royal Mail site for people who want to transfer or swap offices?
-
IcanthelpthewayIam
- Posts: 4067
- Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
- Gender: Male
Transfer help
swiss-tony wrote:Can you do a swap with someone from another office and keep your full time hours? And why is there nothing on the Royal Mail site for people who want to transfer or swap offices?
swaps are not allowed, any ft vacancy should be offered internally in the office prior to a transfer in
-
pauljbl
- Posts: 7
- Joined: 13 Oct 2013, 17:56
- Gender: Male
Transfer help
Why do I keep getting unsuccessful at transfer as am already a Rm employee I thought we get priority
-
rubberbond
- Posts: 1497
- Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
- Gender: Male
Transfer help
Ask your unit rep,if you have one, to get you the info,if not your local CWU Office should help.pauljbl wrote:How do I find contact info for the area rep?
Thanks
-
Darren Bent
- Posts: 2150
- Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL
Transfer help
Go to the office you want to transfer and ask to speak to the DOM and she/he will help you if they need you badly.
-
pauljbl
- Posts: 7
- Joined: 13 Oct 2013, 17:56
- Gender: Male
Transfer help
I did speak with them at the office wanted to transfer to but didn't seem to help.
-
pauljbl
- Posts: 7
- Joined: 13 Oct 2013, 17:56
- Gender: Male
Transfer help
When you say area rep is that a union rep?
Do I need to be in the union to do that?
Do I need to be in the union to do that?
rubberbond wrote:Ask your unit rep,if you have one, to get you the info,if not your local CWU Office should help.pauljbl wrote:How do I find contact info for the area rep?
Thanks
-
salomon2
- Posts: 103
- Joined: 07 Jan 2016, 10:27
- Gender: Female
Transfer help
We've got people transferring in to our office on more hours than me and other part timers, I raised the issue as we want more hours, I was told we can swap contracts or at least be offered the extra hours but it hasn't happened. We've got 2 more coming next week and I'm losing my ot hours as are others.
-
IcanthelpthewayIam
- Posts: 4067
- Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
- Gender: Male
Transfer help
get your rep to put a stage 1 disagreement in over it, the way forward agreement is clear on this, vacancies are to be offered internally first before a transfer insalomon2 wrote:We've got people transferring in to our office on more hours than me and other part timers, I raised the issue as we want more hours, I was told we can swap contracts or at least be offered the extra hours but it hasn't happened. We've got 2 more coming next week and I'm losing my ot hours as are others.
-
WOBBLY
- Posts: 362
- Joined: 27 Apr 2012, 13:19
- Gender: Male
Transfer help
Do you not have to fill an official transfer request form in anymore? This is what I had to do a few years back and was essential for me being allowed to take up a new job at my new office.......
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Transfer help
Yespauljbl wrote:When you say area rep is that a union rep?
Do I need to be in the union to do that?
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.