Can anyone tell me what the various types of overtime mean?
If you go over because there was an avalanche of parcels is that pressure overtime or extended delivery?
What if you do additional work in addition to your frame? What kind of overtime is that?
Or if you go in early to help throw in?
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Trying to fill out overtime sheets..
-
woopesh
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 230
- Joined: 30 Dec 2015, 22:02
- Gender: Male
-
worktotime
- Posts: 2866
- Joined: 14 May 2010, 20:47
- Gender: Male
Trying to fill out overtime sheets..
going over at the end of your delivery goes down as EXCESS , if you go in before your start time as asked to do sorting down as IPS , and if they ask you to come in before your time to prep your own goes down as ADJUSTMENT , I hope this helps you.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Trying to fill out overtime sheets..
Pressure over time IIRC is usually used at Christmas and other busy periods.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
crazyshrew
- Posts: 584
- Joined: 19 Jun 2011, 16:58
- Gender: Female
- Location: Coastal, South West
Trying to fill out overtime sheets..
Basically, just use a single word (or two at a push - not a lot of space in that box) explaining why you're booking
The ones I usually use
Excess - Fairly self-explanatory, finished late because of excess mail.
IPS - I was asked to come in early to do extra IPS
Prep - I was asked to come in early to get a duty prepped
Lapsing - I would have finished on time but it was purely the lapsing took me over (Let's not start the if lapsing takes you over you shouldn't be doing it it's usually 15 mins max)
Grockles!! - (a regional term for holiday makers) being in a popular sea-side town the usual 10-15 minute drive out to some duties can more than double in the peak summer weeks
Breakdown - Again fairly self-explanatory, thankfully only used this once
The ones I usually use
Excess - Fairly self-explanatory, finished late because of excess mail.
IPS - I was asked to come in early to do extra IPS
Prep - I was asked to come in early to get a duty prepped
Lapsing - I would have finished on time but it was purely the lapsing took me over (Let's not start the if lapsing takes you over you shouldn't be doing it it's usually 15 mins max)
Grockles!! - (a regional term for holiday makers) being in a popular sea-side town the usual 10-15 minute drive out to some duties can more than double in the peak summer weeks
Breakdown - Again fairly self-explanatory, thankfully only used this once