ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Drivers seat belt into passenger lock
-
makingsounds
- Posts: 202
- Joined: 19 Oct 2012, 15:07
- Gender: Male
Drivers seat belt into passenger lock
Anyone been done for this? There's a purge on it by managers.
-
Deadly
- Posts: 703
- Joined: 12 Jul 2014, 21:38
- Gender: Male
Drivers seat belt into passenger lock
Why on earth would you do that? I've picked up vans that have been left like this and I just imagine that the last driver was a bit dim 
-
In The Know
- Posts: 50
- Joined: 20 Jul 2015, 18:11
- Gender: Male
Drivers seat belt into passenger lock
The God awful dinging noise would still sound if you did it your way. You need to put the passenger belt in the drivers socket or drape the drivers belt round the back of the seat into the drivers socket. Remember to unfasten it at the end of the shiftmakingsounds wrote:Anyone been done for this? There's a purge on it by managers.
-
Deadly
- Posts: 703
- Joined: 12 Jul 2014, 21:38
- Gender: Male
Drivers seat belt into passenger lock
Trolling, surely.
-
motherhubbard
- Posts: 1001
- Joined: 08 Feb 2010, 17:13
- Gender: Female
- Location: in the cupboard
Drivers seat belt into passenger lock
It is a sackable offence.
It is gross stupidity.
People who do it should be removed from the gene pool and if they are in an accident that might well happen.
Why don't some of you just grow up?
It is gross stupidity.
People who do it should be removed from the gene pool and if they are in an accident that might well happen.
Why don't some of you just grow up?
Never let the hand you hold, hold you down.
-
mjt120
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 53
- Joined: 26 Oct 2015, 18:49
- Gender: Male
Drivers seat belt into passenger lock
We've been told by our manager any vans he finds now with seat belts like this that driver will be sacked, think we had a few problems on last audit for vans, can't understand why you wouldn't want to wear your seatbelt and keep safe, but seem to be persistent issue at our office.
-
apple
- Posts: 496
- Joined: 03 Dec 2007, 17:13
- Gender: Male
- Location: Pluto
Drivers seat belt into passenger lock
happens a lot at ours, one of them has had a couple of crashes where he has got shunted up the arse [air bags going off] and still does this! just proving what a thick twat he is!
-
Martin Walsh
- Posts: 4276
- Joined: 19 Sep 2007, 20:12
- Location: neverland
Drivers seat belt into passenger lock
There is a big purge on this ! During audits it has been noted how wide spread this is !
1 it is against the law not to have your seat belt on and
2 it is against the rules for driving
There have been several people done for this and all for saving a few second in the rush to finish early !
In addition a number of drivers who take their vans home have been done for using their vans for their own private use ! The black box allows Royal Mail to monitor their use ! IKEA runs and trips to the rubbish dump are not authorised use of the vechile and some are facing dismissal over this !
1 it is against the law not to have your seat belt on and
2 it is against the rules for driving
There have been several people done for this and all for saving a few second in the rush to finish early !
In addition a number of drivers who take their vans home have been done for using their vans for their own private use ! The black box allows Royal Mail to monitor their use ! IKEA runs and trips to the rubbish dump are not authorised use of the vechile and some are facing dismissal over this !
-
IcanthelpthewayIam
- Posts: 4067
- Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
- Gender: Male
Drivers seat belt into passenger lock
It's wilfully circumventing health and saftey measures you may find it could be classed as gross misconduct and worst case could even lead to dismissal
-
jetblack
- Posts: 974
- Joined: 15 Apr 2011, 12:54
- Gender: Male
Drivers seat belt into passenger lock
Am I right in thinking that they are actually wearing a seatbelt ? But it is plugged in 3 inches to the right into the passenger side receiver ? I assume also that the passenger side belt is plugged into the drivers side (?)
Sorry, I don't know the law on this (and I have briefly tried to google it) - nor do I know actual stats for the number of accidents caused or fatalities incurred by a postman wearing a seat belt plugged in this way.
Could be issues if the vehicle airbag sensors activate a seatbelt lock on impact perhaps - I don't know if they do on our vans or not. Then again, if they were both plugged in at the time it wouldn't really matter.
Could be more possibility of lateral movement in the event of an accident (with a seat belt worn in this manner) I suppose. I wouldn't know where to look to see wether this is a real or imagined problem though.
Seems a little bit OTT if people are being sacked for this though TBH - given that there is a 50m exemption to wearing them at all on delivery (5m is enough to get killed).
Sorry, I don't know the law on this (and I have briefly tried to google it) - nor do I know actual stats for the number of accidents caused or fatalities incurred by a postman wearing a seat belt plugged in this way.
Could be issues if the vehicle airbag sensors activate a seatbelt lock on impact perhaps - I don't know if they do on our vans or not. Then again, if they were both plugged in at the time it wouldn't really matter.
Could be more possibility of lateral movement in the event of an accident (with a seat belt worn in this manner) I suppose. I wouldn't know where to look to see wether this is a real or imagined problem though.
Seems a little bit OTT if people are being sacked for this though TBH - given that there is a 50m exemption to wearing them at all on delivery (5m is enough to get killed).
Good security means trying to limit the damage a Trusted role can do
-
apple
- Posts: 496
- Joined: 03 Dec 2007, 17:13
- Gender: Male
- Location: Pluto
Drivers seat belt into passenger lock
sorry not such thing as a 50m exemption, whilst this might be true for couriers delivery etc, RM rules state at all times seat belts need to be wornjetblack wrote:Am I right in thinking that they are actually wearing a seatbelt ? But it is plugged in 3 inches to the right into the passenger side receiver ? I assume also that the passenger side belt is plugged into the drivers side (?)
Sorry, I don't know the law on this (and I have briefly tried to google it) - nor do I know actual stats for the number of accidents caused or fatalities incurred by a postman wearing a seat belt plugged in this way.
Could be issues if the vehicle airbag sensors activate a seatbelt lock on impact perhaps - I don't know if they do on our vans or not. Then again, if they were both plugged in at the time it wouldn't really matter.
Could be more possibility of lateral movement in the event of an accident (with a seat belt worn in this manner) I suppose. I wouldn't know where to look to see wether this is a real or imagined problem though.
Seems a little bit OTT if people are being sacked for this though TBH - given that there is a 50m exemption to wearing them at all on delivery (5m is enough to get killed).
-
jetblack
- Posts: 974
- Joined: 15 Apr 2011, 12:54
- Gender: Male
Drivers seat belt into passenger lock
Oh - I was was quoting from The Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents, who, I assume, were citing the law of the land.
Good security means trying to limit the damage a Trusted role can do
-
apple
- Posts: 496
- Joined: 03 Dec 2007, 17:13
- Gender: Male
- Location: Pluto
Drivers seat belt into passenger lock
yes you probs are right but like i say RMs rules state seatbealts at all timesjetblack wrote:Oh - I was was quoting from The Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents, who, I assume, were citing the law of the land.
-
IcanthelpthewayIam
- Posts: 4067
- Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
- Gender: Male
Drivers seat belt into passenger lock
jetblack wrote:Am I right in thinking that they are actually wearing a seatbelt ? But it is plugged in 3 inches to the right into the passenger side receiver ? I assume also that the passenger side belt is plugged into the drivers side (?)
Just to clarify for you, what the issue actually is that the passenger seat belt has been plugged into the drivers clip, this is done so as to trick the sensor and to stop the beeping alert that driver is not wearing seat belt, driver very well may be wearing a belt but it looks very much like they are not, it's intentionally circumventing a health and safety measure
-
Spedley
- Posts: 1209
- Joined: 16 Jul 2007, 17:32
- Location: Warwickshire
Drivers seat belt into passenger lock
It can be difficult in the Peugeot vans to fasten your seatbelt with one hand due to the very low lock.
An extension like this may be of use ...
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/381639478223
An extension like this may be of use ...
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/381639478223