ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Taking a year off, a few Questions

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
PostBoxer
Posts: 30
Joined: 11 Oct 2007, 14:05

Taking a year off, a few Questions

Post by PostBoxer »

If I want to take a year off from Royal Mail ( sabbatical I think you call it)

Q1, can Royal Mail refuse my request
Q2, when I return will it be to the same office
Q3. If there is a revision whilst I'm off and VR's are available will I get offered VR

So what are the pro's and con's
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Taking a year off, a few Questions

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

PostBoxer wrote:If I want to take a year off from Royal Mail ( I think you call it)

Q1, can Royal Mail refuse my request
Q2, when I return will it be to the same office
Q3. If there is a revision whilst I'm off and VR's are available will I get offered VR

So what are the pro's and con's
A1. Yes they can.
A2. Not guaranteed.
A3. If you are senior enough you should, make sure the rep and manager have an email or physical address they can contact you on short notice.

http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... AK#p593768" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Official A1.
Screenshot - 06_06_2016 , 14_55_03.jpg
Official A2.
Screenshot - 06_06_2016 , 15_01_20.jpg
Official A3.
Screenshot - 06_06_2016 , 14_57_53.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
PostBoxer
Posts: 30
Joined: 11 Oct 2007, 14:05

Taking a year off, a few Questions

Post by PostBoxer »

Thanks tbt