May I wish all of you the very best for the future.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Goodbye all!
-
lew1275
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 30
- Joined: 10 Sep 2008, 20:42
- Gender: Male
Goodbye all!
Well my time has come to an end after 7.5 years at RM and moving onto pastures new. I joined when I was 18 straight after finishing A-Levels and worked through now until the age of 25. I must say looking back I thoroughly enjoyed my time with the firm. Had good days, bad days, and horrific days but the positives far outweigh the negatives. I was very lucky to be based as an annual leave reserve in several small SPDO units before joining the dark side and covering management roles and postie rolls as and when required. I can see the things are changing and maybe not for the better. The management team I worked with looked drained and every day was a constant struggle- lots of both long and short term sick, lapsing, cut-offs day in ,day out- wouldn't want it as a permanent role! Maybe the job is easier for us young lot but even I started to suffer problems with my knee
RM had always been a means to an end for me and am very proud to have it as my history. Can definitely think of worse employers out there.
May I wish all of you the very best for the future.
May I wish all of you the very best for the future.
-
Borusa1976
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 29
- Joined: 01 Nov 2013, 16:08
- Gender: Male
Goodbye all!
Good luck - where did you work mate..... where you moving onto?
-
pants123
Goodbye all!
Good luck.
As spock would say....... live long and prosper...
As spock would say....... live long and prosper...
Last edited by pants123 on 03 Jun 2016, 10:06, edited 1 time in total.
-
worktotime
- Posts: 2866
- Joined: 14 May 2010, 20:47
- Gender: Male
Goodbye all!
good luck and well done , lol 
-
General Mannerheim
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2299
- Joined: 14 Dec 2007, 13:10
- Gender: Male
- Location: Stalag 17
Goodbye all!
Yeah bet it was a great place for the staff as well.The management team I worked with looked drained and every day was a constant struggle- lots of both long and short term sick, lapsing, cut-offs day in ,day out- wouldn't want it as a permanent role
Still well done on getting out of the sinking ship,
Royal Mail managers.....about as popular as a t.urd in a swimming pool!
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Goodbye all!
Good to have some work experience behind you. If your new job's pissing you off you can look back and think..."Well it's better than pounding the streets"!
Wish I'd had more experience of crap jobs before I took voluntary redudancy from, what was in hindsight, a bloody good job!
Good Luck for the future....... Now you've left they'll be able to recruit someone else!!
Wish I'd had more experience of crap jobs before I took voluntary redudancy from, what was in hindsight, a bloody good job!
Good Luck for the future....... Now you've left they'll be able to recruit someone else!!
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
farstrider
- Posts: 41
- Joined: 24 Nov 2011, 17:45
- Gender: Male
Goodbye all!
good luck and all the best and dont forget the kind gift at christmas for us old posties 
-
lew1275
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 30
- Joined: 10 Sep 2008, 20:42
- Gender: Male
Goodbye all!
Borusa1976 wrote:Good luck - where did you work mate..... where you moving onto?
Cheers. I worked at a large DO in Kent. I'm off to fly commercially as a pilot with a large orange airline.
-
CPTNemoUK
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 707
- Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
- Gender: Male
Goodbye all!
Well you would hope soshiny well maintained aircraft.
-
Jpro747
- Posts: 1342
- Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
- Gender: Male
Goodbye all!
Well done matelew1275 wrote:Borusa1976 wrote:Good luck - where did you work mate..... where you moving onto?
Cheers. I worked at a large DO in Kent. I'm off to fly commercially as a pilot with a large orange airline.
It has always been my dream to become a commercial pilot - I achieved my PPL a few years ago but the cost of it all put me off taking it any further. I'm lucky enough to have access to a pa28 which I fly occasionally to keep my license current. Anyway all the best for the future and enjoy your new career!
-
Roadie82
- Posts: 9
- Joined: 14 Oct 2015, 15:54
- Gender: Male
Goodbye all!
Sounds very exciting. Can I ask how you went about getting the job or licence?
-
lew1275
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 30
- Joined: 10 Sep 2008, 20:42
- Gender: Male
Goodbye all!
It's been a long old slog. I was fortunate enough to get a 6 month career break from RM last year to complete all the professional part of my training. But it has taken almost as long as I've worked for the company to save up every penny for the training as we all know it isn't cheap. Just hope it's all worth it!
-
Roadie82
- Posts: 9
- Joined: 14 Oct 2015, 15:54
- Gender: Male
Goodbye all!
Yeah I've seen the cost. I know some of the the larger airlines take on graduates and pay for all the training but guess it's hard to get one of those