ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Moonpig
-
Zicomurphy
- Posts: 578
- Joined: 24 Oct 2014, 06:40
- Gender: Male
Moonpig
Anyone else find those Moonpig cards slightly annoying? I have a walk with lots of small letterboxes and most of the Moonpig cards have do not bend written on them. Numerous times I've had to leave 739's for them, even the smaller ones. I know personally if someone sent me a card I rather receive it slightly bent than have to make a special trip to the local DO to pick it up. Had one this morning amongst 5 or 6 other cards, got no answer, so bent the rest and put them through and 739'nd the Moonpig one.
-
eastie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2234
- Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
- Gender: Male
Moonpig
I sometimes stick them under a mat and leave a message on the 739 cardZicomurphy wrote:Anyone else find those Moonpig cards slightly annoying? I have a walk with lots of small letterboxes and most of the Moonpig cards have do not bend written on them. Numerous times I've had to leave 739's for them, even the smaller ones. I know personally if someone sent me a card I rather receive it slightly bent than have to make a special trip to the local DO to pick it up. Had one this morning amongst 5 or 6 other cards, got no answer, so bent the rest and put them through and 739'nd the Moonpig one.
-
Chewster
- Posts: 527
- Joined: 15 Jan 2016, 12:34
- Gender: Male
Moonpig
I hate everything with do not bend on it. Yes, some of it is important, but when it's exam results day and you've got all these A4 sized certificates that won't fit through most letterboxes and have to take a load back, it gets on your nerves.
-
IcanthelpthewayIam
- Posts: 4067
- Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
- Gender: Male
Moonpig
eastie wrote:I sometimes stick them under a mat and leave a message on the 739 cardZicomurphy wrote:Anyone else find those Moonpig cards slightly annoying? I have a walk with lots of small letterboxes and most of the Moonpig cards have do not bend written on them. Numerous times I've had to leave 739's for them, even the smaller ones. I know personally if someone sent me a card I rather receive it slightly bent than have to make a special trip to the local DO to pick it up. Had one this morning amongst 5 or 6 other cards, got no answer, so bent the rest and put them through and 739'nd the Moonpig one.
and you know our customer wants this how?
also its completely against mail security rules unless it's a tracked with specific instruction in the safe place box to do it. You should do your job properly and P739 it correctly as per the spec of the item
Last edited by IcanthelpthewayIam on 01 Jun 2016, 17:35, edited 1 time in total.
-
IcanthelpthewayIam
- Posts: 4067
- Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
- Gender: Male
Moonpig
it may get on your nerves but it's exactly how our customer is expecting it to be handledChewster wrote:I hate everything with do not bend on it. Yes, some of it is important, but when it's exam results day and you've got all these A4 sized certificates that won't fit through most letterboxes and have to take a load back, it gets on your nerves.
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Moonpig
You've got it sussed there HP.HarryPoorer wrote:they all bend enough, just don't crease it!
I got a letter from Moonpig last week....... But my wife doesn't like it when I call her that!
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
Anonymouse
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 174
- Joined: 02 Jun 2012, 22:20
- Gender: Male
Moonpig
A guy on my round gets "do not bend" brown envelopes every other day. Used to fit through no problem but he's gone and changed his door that has this tiny vertical letter box. I have to roll the standard letters to get them through. Even then it's a tight fit.masterblaster wrote:if you are writing out the 739 - put them all on as too big - maybe they might get a decent sized box.
He's never in either so he gets "Too big - Small letterbox" written on the p739s now.
What an idiot.
-
meercat
- Posts: 814
- Joined: 21 Apr 2010, 16:15
- Gender: Male
Moonpig
I thought the 'Do not bend' bit was a direction for the delivery agents themselves? I always keep my back straight and instead bend at the knees to get these things through letter boxes, yes you have to fold them over a few times sometimes but it's all about keeping your back safe on delivery. Stay safe.