ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Moonpig

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Zicomurphy
Posts: 578
Joined: 24 Oct 2014, 06:40
Gender: Male

Moonpig

Post by Zicomurphy »

Anyone else find those Moonpig cards slightly annoying? I have a walk with lots of small letterboxes and most of the Moonpig cards have do not bend written on them. Numerous times I've had to leave 739's for them, even the smaller ones. I know personally if someone sent me a card I rather receive it slightly bent than have to make a special trip to the local DO to pick it up. Had one this morning amongst 5 or 6 other cards, got no answer, so bent the rest and put them through and 739'nd the Moonpig one.
eastie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2234
Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
Gender: Male

Moonpig

Post by eastie »

Zicomurphy wrote:Anyone else find those Moonpig cards slightly annoying? I have a walk with lots of small letterboxes and most of the Moonpig cards have do not bend written on them. Numerous times I've had to leave 739's for them, even the smaller ones. I know personally if someone sent me a card I rather receive it slightly bent than have to make a special trip to the local DO to pick it up. Had one this morning amongst 5 or 6 other cards, got no answer, so bent the rest and put them through and 739'nd the Moonpig one.
I sometimes stick them under a mat and leave a message on the 739 card
Chewster
Posts: 527
Joined: 15 Jan 2016, 12:34
Gender: Male

Moonpig

Post by Chewster »

I hate everything with do not bend on it. Yes, some of it is important, but when it's exam results day and you've got all these A4 sized certificates that won't fit through most letterboxes and have to take a load back, it gets on your nerves.
IcanthelpthewayIam
Posts: 4067
Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
Gender: Male

Moonpig

Post by IcanthelpthewayIam »

eastie wrote:
Zicomurphy wrote:Anyone else find those Moonpig cards slightly annoying? I have a walk with lots of small letterboxes and most of the Moonpig cards have do not bend written on them. Numerous times I've had to leave 739's for them, even the smaller ones. I know personally if someone sent me a card I rather receive it slightly bent than have to make a special trip to the local DO to pick it up. Had one this morning amongst 5 or 6 other cards, got no answer, so bent the rest and put them through and 739'nd the Moonpig one.
I sometimes stick them under a mat and leave a message on the 739 card

and you know our customer wants this how?

also its completely against mail security rules unless it's a tracked with specific instruction in the safe place box to do it. You should do your job properly and P739 it correctly as per the spec of the item
Last edited by IcanthelpthewayIam on 01 Jun 2016, 17:35, edited 1 time in total.
IcanthelpthewayIam
Posts: 4067
Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
Gender: Male

Moonpig

Post by IcanthelpthewayIam »

Chewster wrote:I hate everything with do not bend on it. Yes, some of it is important, but when it's exam results day and you've got all these A4 sized certificates that won't fit through most letterboxes and have to take a load back, it gets on your nerves.
it may get on your nerves but it's exactly how our customer is expecting it to be handled
Postie45
Posts: 2160
Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
Gender: Male

Moonpig

Post by Postie45 »

Do RM charge more for Do Not Bend ? I think they should do due to the extra handling
wannabeek
Posts: 996
Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 00:49
Gender: Male

Moonpig

Post by wannabeek »

Postie45 wrote:Do RM charge more for Do Not Bend ? I think they should do due to the extra handling
'Do Not Bend' ??

Good thing I'm a Norfolk lad. I just say to meself, ' Huh? Yes it do'. And through it go.

:Very Happy
HarryPoorer
Posts: 112
Joined: 06 Jul 2011, 21:07
Gender: Male

Moonpig

Post by HarryPoorer »

they all bend enough, just don't crease it!
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Moonpig

Post by Dorset Plodder »

HarryPoorer wrote:they all bend enough, just don't crease it!
You've got it sussed there HP. :thumbup Often you can"Manipulate" those larger carders through a wider letterbox, really they should be marked "Do Not Fold". :hmmmm

I got a letter from Moonpig last week....... But my wife doesn't like it when I call her that! :dance
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
Shaders
Posts: 218
Joined: 22 Jun 2010, 07:47
Gender: Male
Location: Oop North

Moonpig

Post by Shaders »

Dont bend it, but folding it is fine :dance
masterblaster
Posts: 285
Joined: 10 Sep 2010, 20:12
Gender: Male

Moonpig

Post by masterblaster »

if you are writing out the 739 - put them all on as too big - maybe they might get a decent sized box.
ScousePostie
Posts: 273
Joined: 29 Jan 2015, 12:26
Gender: Male

Moonpig

Post by ScousePostie »

Some older style doors have a gap under the door that is just wide enough for a card to go through. Tried many times, mostly works.
Anonymouse
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 174
Joined: 02 Jun 2012, 22:20
Gender: Male

Moonpig

Post by Anonymouse »

masterblaster wrote:if you are writing out the 739 - put them all on as too big - maybe they might get a decent sized box.
A guy on my round gets "do not bend" brown envelopes every other day. Used to fit through no problem but he's gone and changed his door that has this tiny vertical letter box. I have to roll the standard letters to get them through. Even then it's a tight fit.
He's never in either so he gets "Too big - Small letterbox" written on the p739s now.

What an idiot.
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Moonpig

Post by Lounge Lizard »

Shaders wrote:Dont bend it, but folding it is fine :dance
or cutting it in half. :nana
meercat
Posts: 814
Joined: 21 Apr 2010, 16:15
Gender: Male

Moonpig

Post by meercat »

I thought the 'Do not bend' bit was a direction for the delivery agents themselves? I always keep my back straight and instead bend at the knees to get these things through letter boxes, yes you have to fold them over a few times sometimes but it's all about keeping your back safe on delivery. Stay safe.