ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

cutting off...

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
chillout1571
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 82
Joined: 19 Aug 2015, 18:25
Gender: Male

cutting off...

Post by chillout1571 »

Does anyone else have problems with managers and other members of staff when cutting off? It's always wish a big deal. Why?! I know I shouldn't care, and it's up to me, however it's always such a bother.
PHARRY
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 327
Joined: 04 Nov 2013, 17:56
Gender: Male

cutting off...

Post by PHARRY »

It's only the lazy buggers who cut off
chillout1571
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 82
Joined: 19 Aug 2015, 18:25
Gender: Male

cutting off...

Post by chillout1571 »

PHARRY wrote:It's only the lazy buggers who cut off
Haha, or the people who only want their contracted hours.
Postie45
Posts: 2160
Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
Gender: Male

cutting off...

Post by Postie45 »

chillout1571 wrote:Does anyone else have problems with managers and other members of staff when cutting off? It's always wish a big deal. Why?! I know I shouldn't care, and it's up to me, however it's always such a bother.
unfortunately thats the choice we have to make when cutting off, you can control whether or not you want to do overtime, you cant really control other peoples reactions. There shouldnt be any pressure put on to you to do overtime tho, that would need to be reported to the union rep.
eastie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2234
Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
Gender: Male

cutting off...

Post by eastie »

PHARRY wrote:It's only the lazy buggers who cut off
Some people have a life outside RM
worktotime
Posts: 2866
Joined: 14 May 2010, 20:47
Gender: Male

cutting off...

Post by worktotime »

PHARRY wrote:It's only the lazy buggers who cut off
do you start before your time (un paid) not have a m/r , and not use the methods by any chance ? its the same as any other job you have a start and FINISH time and if the workload is unmanageable within that time that tuff s**t. so it has nothing to do with being lazy , get a life.
bigbazza
Posts: 113
Joined: 15 Feb 2010, 19:28
Gender: Male

cutting off...

Post by bigbazza »

PHARRY wrote:It's only the lazy buggers who cut off
I bet your a gaffer or one of his mates brown nosing and mopping all the cut offs up for free.
People do have a life out side work so it's not right you calling people lazy if they only want to work till finish time. :thumbdown :thumbdown
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

cutting off...

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Image

Some members need to check their sarcasm metres as there has been a rash of failure reported.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
postslippete
Posts: 4194
Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
Gender: Male

cutting off...

Post by postslippete »

If I was a gaffer I would prefer to take just a few loops of someone's delivery than listen to 10 hours of Justin Bieber nonstop in the office everyday.
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
postie1975
Posts: 30
Joined: 25 Oct 2014, 15:51
Gender: Male

cutting off...

Post by postie1975 »

PHARRY wrote:It's only the lazy buggers who cut off
In at 05:55 prepping in your house holds by any chance or did you take them home to do in your plentiful sparetime??
Pidleypoo
Posts: 705
Joined: 17 Dec 2014, 10:05
Gender: Male

cutting off...

Post by Pidleypoo »

PHARRY wrote:It's only the lazy buggers who cut off
World class trolling that is.
trix138
Posts: 13
Joined: 24 Oct 2013, 14:56
Gender: Male

cutting off...

Post by trix138 »

I found the only problem with cutting off, is you get it back the next day and so on. So for 20 minutes extra I'd rather stay out (which I know a lot of you won't agree with)
PHARRY
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 327
Joined: 04 Nov 2013, 17:56
Gender: Male

cutting off...

Post by PHARRY »

I agree trouble with cutting off you get double next day so you might aswell carry on and finish the walk
PHARRY
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 327
Joined: 04 Nov 2013, 17:56
Gender: Male

cutting off...

Post by PHARRY »

Taking households is a good idea it will save time prepping them at work
Chewster
Posts: 527
Joined: 15 Jan 2016, 12:34
Gender: Male

cutting off...

Post by Chewster »

trix138 wrote:I found the only problem with cutting off, is you get it back the next day and so on. So for 20 minutes extra I'd rather stay out (which I know a lot of you won't agree with)
I've had that problem when the floater has cut off on my day off, it's a bugger. Personally, I don't see why anyone would cut off for the sake of something like 20 minutes (unless of course one has arrangements to keep).