ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
buying holiday
-
chillout1571
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 82
- Joined: 19 Aug 2015, 18:25
- Gender: Male
buying holiday
How do I go about buying holiday?
Thanks
Thanks
-
IcanthelpthewayIam
- Posts: 4067
- Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
- Gender: Male
buying holiday
Speak to your dom around the end of next January, needs to be put in place for end of February, when they are also sorting out next year's annual leave in september/October it's also worth mentioning then that you are going to do it from next year
-
ddtc
- Posts: 253
- Joined: 16 Jul 2012, 19:42
- Gender: Male
buying holiday
What is the total amount of days can you buy? Just asking as I bought 2 weeks, so would it be 14 days on top of the 22.5 days we have? As a colleague of mine said the max amount of days is 30.
-
IcanthelpthewayIam
- Posts: 4067
- Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
- Gender: Male
buying holiday
ddtc wrote:What is the total amount of days can you buy? Just asking as I bought 2 weeks, so would it be 14 days on top of the 22.5 days we have? As a colleague of mine said the max amount of days is 30.
yes maximum is 30 days
-
madmax1
- Posts: 72
- Joined: 01 Sep 2015, 14:39
- Gender: Male
-
bustedflush
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1493
- Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
- Gender: Male
buying holiday
Just speak to your office admin and ask to be entered on the POAL plan. He/she will then ask you to sign a form later when it's been entered for you. You will be charged as follows:madmax1 wrote:What's the actual process? Is there a form to fill in?zx135 wrote:ddtc wrote:What is the total amount of days can you buy? Just asking as I bought 2 weeks, so would it be 14 days on top of the 22.5 days we have? As a colleague of mine said the max amount of days is 30.
yes maximum is 30 days
Don't want the usual 'leave it with me' response and then find out the deadline's gone!
From the week 1 of the financial year the leave is to be used/applied in you will pay the amount of days difference between 30 and your present entitlement, divided by 52.
So assuming you get the basic 22.5 you will get 7.5 days extra (which is 1.5 weeks wages) and so will get debited as POAL on your wage slip about 9-10 quid a week before deductions.
-
IcanthelpthewayIam
- Posts: 4067
- Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
- Gender: Male
buying holiday
madmax1 wrote:What's the actual process? Is there a form to fill in?zx135 wrote:ddtc wrote:What is the total amount of days can you buy? Just asking as I bought 2 weeks, so would it be 14 days on top of the 22.5 days we have? As a colleague of mine said the max amount of days is 30.
yes maximum is 30 days
Don't want the usual 'leave it with me' response and then find out the deadline's gone!
your dom selects what leave option you want on psp and that's it, as said previously needs to.be done by end of February
-
ddtc
- Posts: 253
- Joined: 16 Jul 2012, 19:42
- Gender: Male
buying holiday
I'm confused now, so 22.5 is our basic leave and the max is 30 days.
Then can someone explain to me why I recieved a letter from what I assume is Hr saying
"From 1/4/16 you will be purchasing 7.5days and then from 23/6/2016 6.5days"
Does that mean I have 36.5 days total?
Then can someone explain to me why I recieved a letter from what I assume is Hr saying
"From 1/4/16 you will be purchasing 7.5days and then from 23/6/2016 6.5days"
Does that mean I have 36.5 days total?
-
wannabeek
- Posts: 996
- Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 00:49
- Gender: Male
buying holiday
No, your purchase will drop by one day because I assume that on that date you will have completed 5 yrs at RM. At this point you would be normally entitled to one extra day of holiday per year so you will only need to purchase 6.5 instead of 7.5 to make up the full 30. Once you've been here for a couple of decades your purchase would drop right down to zero.ddtc wrote:I'm confused now, so 22.5 is our basic leave and the max is 30 days.
Then can someone explain to me why I recieved a letter from what I assume is Hr saying
"From 1/4/16 you will be purchasing 7.5days and then from 23/6/2016 6.5days"
Does that mean I have 36.5 days total?
-
madmax1
- Posts: 72
- Joined: 01 Sep 2015, 14:39
- Gender: Male
-
IcanthelpthewayIam
- Posts: 4067
- Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
- Gender: Male
buying holiday
madmax1 wrote:Thanks for the info all. Will definitely go for this next year.
One last question, are there any rules on where the leave comes in the pecking order when leave is allocated?
thats a whole different can of worms, there is no hard fast rule on it, though morally I feel it should be after everyone has been able to choose their statutory weeks holiday
-
wannabeek
- Posts: 996
- Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 00:49
- Gender: Male
buying holiday
Yeah, there are no set rules to the allocation of the extra weeks. We have everybody pick two weeks in one order, then the next two weeks in the reverse order, then any other time is done using the initial order. The whole sequence is then reversed for the following year so everyone has a fair chance of getting weeks they would like. It's down to local agreement tho so your office may have a whole different plan. It should always be done fairly tho, not giving undue advantage to senior staff.