ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

selling shares this year

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
P739
Posts: 277
Joined: 20 Sep 2007, 13:48

selling shares this year

Post by P739 »

Can anyone tell me when we can sell our shares this year and how much will we have to pay in tax on them And if we leave them for 5 years we don't pay any tax is that correct thanks
Nigel1505
Posts: 409
Joined: 10 Jun 2010, 08:24
Gender: Male

selling shares this year

Post by Nigel1505 »

They are saleable after 3 years from date of issue. Tax is payable if sold within 5 years. The only ones saleable this year are the initial 729 from the first issue. :cuppa
robd
Posts: 510
Joined: 31 Jan 2007, 12:03
Gender: Male
Location: Yorkshire

selling shares this year

Post by robd »

http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... 38&t=74142" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
IloveMYredTROLLEY!
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1923
Joined: 02 Apr 2010, 06:54
Gender: Male

selling shares this year

Post by IloveMYredTROLLEY! »

P739 wrote:Can anyone tell me when we can sell our shares this year and how much will we have to pay in tax on them And if we leave them for 5 years we don't pay any tax is that correct thanks
The first wave of shares we were given become technically ours to do with as we please sometime in October, I think.

By about this time in 2017, you will technically own all your allocation, I think.
RobertT
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 6694
Joined: 09 Sep 2007, 14:26
Gender: Male

selling shares this year

Post by RobertT »

The earliest you can sell your first batch of 613(full time) shares is 15th October 2016, the 2nd batch of 116 on 9th April 2017 and the 3rd lot of 103 is on 5th October 2018.
Add another two years onto each date if you don’t want to pay tax and NI.
Links to all RM pension related websites are here
P739
Posts: 277
Joined: 20 Sep 2007, 13:48

selling shares this year

Post by P739 »

Thanks folks :thumbup
Chelseablue
Posts: 2222
Joined: 19 Aug 2013, 14:33
Gender: Female

selling shares this year

Post by Chelseablue »

Think quite a few will cash in this year even tho they are taxed
Darren Bent
Posts: 2150
Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
Gender: Male
Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL

selling shares this year

Post by Darren Bent »

What about date for SAYE Shares scheme. (Think it is 31st July 2017)
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

selling shares this year

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Darren Bent wrote:What about date for SAYE Shares scheme. (Think it is 31st July 2017)

Just checked my account on the Equiniti website.

Maturity date is: 1 Dec 2017 and Last date to exercise:31 May 2018

(Thats the last date to take the money, takes the shares or sell the shares)
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

selling shares this year

Post by Dorset Plodder »

When can I sell my Colleague Shares and how much are they worth? I've still got my Shares Certificate and it's been signed by Allan Leighton and Adam Crozier, they wouldn't have been lying to us would they? :left: ;liar

I'm just waiting to see what Porkie Pies they're going to spin us when it comes time to sell the Shares Tax Free. I foresee we'll probably be investing a lot in vehicles & machinery and will have a really low share price at that time! :cuppa
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
Postie45
Posts: 2160
Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
Gender: Male

selling shares this year

Post by Postie45 »

Dorset Plodder wrote:When can I sell my Colleague Shares and how much are they worth? I've still got my Shares Certificate
you can sell them now, tax free too ! not sure how much is taxable on £0.00 tho
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

selling shares this year

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Dorset Plodder wrote:When can I sell my Colleague Shares and how much are they worth
Going on the current value for a similar product, about 2p.





Mind you the only comparative product I could find was

Image
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
rubberbond
Posts: 1497
Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
Gender: Male

selling shares this year

Post by rubberbond »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
Dorset Plodder wrote:When can I sell my Colleague Shares and how much are they worth
Going on the current value for a similar product, about 2p.





Mind you the only comparative product I could find was

Image
That's totally unfair,it has more value when used than do colleague shares. Outrageous.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

selling shares this year

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

:chuckle :chuckle :chuckle
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.