ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
selling shares this year
-
P739
- Posts: 277
- Joined: 20 Sep 2007, 13:48
selling shares this year
Can anyone tell me when we can sell our shares this year and how much will we have to pay in tax on them And if we leave them for 5 years we don't pay any tax is that correct thanks
-
Nigel1505
- Posts: 409
- Joined: 10 Jun 2010, 08:24
- Gender: Male
selling shares this year
They are saleable after 3 years from date of issue. Tax is payable if sold within 5 years. The only ones saleable this year are the initial 729 from the first issue. 
-
robd
- Posts: 510
- Joined: 31 Jan 2007, 12:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Yorkshire
selling shares this year
http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... 38&t=74142" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
-
IloveMYredTROLLEY!
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1923
- Joined: 02 Apr 2010, 06:54
- Gender: Male
selling shares this year
The first wave of shares we were given become technically ours to do with as we please sometime in October, I think.P739 wrote:Can anyone tell me when we can sell our shares this year and how much will we have to pay in tax on them And if we leave them for 5 years we don't pay any tax is that correct thanks
By about this time in 2017, you will technically own all your allocation, I think.
-
RobertT
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 6694
- Joined: 09 Sep 2007, 14:26
- Gender: Male
selling shares this year
The earliest you can sell your first batch of 613(full time) shares is 15th October 2016, the 2nd batch of 116 on 9th April 2017 and the 3rd lot of 103 is on 5th October 2018.
Add another two years onto each date if you don’t want to pay tax and NI.
Add another two years onto each date if you don’t want to pay tax and NI.
Links to all RM pension related websites are here
-
Chelseablue
- Posts: 2222
- Joined: 19 Aug 2013, 14:33
- Gender: Female
selling shares this year
Think quite a few will cash in this year even tho they are taxed
-
Darren Bent
- Posts: 2150
- Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL
selling shares this year
What about date for SAYE Shares scheme. (Think it is 31st July 2017)
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
selling shares this year
Darren Bent wrote:What about date for SAYE Shares scheme. (Think it is 31st July 2017)
Just checked my account on the Equiniti website.
Maturity date is: 1 Dec 2017 and Last date to exercise:31 May 2018
(Thats the last date to take the money, takes the shares or sell the shares)
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
selling shares this year
When can I sell my Colleague Shares and how much are they worth? I've still got my Shares Certificate and it's been signed by Allan Leighton and Adam Crozier, they wouldn't have been lying to us would they?

I'm just waiting to see what Porkie Pies they're going to spin us when it comes time to sell the Shares Tax Free. I foresee we'll probably be investing a lot in vehicles & machinery and will have a really low share price at that time!
I'm just waiting to see what Porkie Pies they're going to spin us when it comes time to sell the Shares Tax Free. I foresee we'll probably be investing a lot in vehicles & machinery and will have a really low share price at that time!
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
selling shares this year
you can sell them now, tax free too ! not sure how much is taxable on £0.00 thoDorset Plodder wrote:When can I sell my Colleague Shares and how much are they worth? I've still got my Shares Certificate
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
selling shares this year
Going on the current value for a similar product, about 2p.Dorset Plodder wrote:When can I sell my Colleague Shares and how much are they worth
Mind you the only comparative product I could find was

All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
rubberbond
- Posts: 1497
- Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
- Gender: Male
selling shares this year
That's totally unfair,it has more value when used than do colleague shares. Outrageous.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Going on the current value for a similar product, about 2p.Dorset Plodder wrote:When can I sell my Colleague Shares and how much are they worth
Mind you the only comparative product I could find was
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
selling shares this year
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.