The likelihood is that since you've been employed your office has been given scope to have another permanent employee for one reason or another. So get it signed and then relax.
Some people wait years, some get lucky and get it quickly. You're obviously one of the lucky ones.
Well it would seem like a mistake not even 3 weeks into the job... I'll have a word with Lino if he's back Monday. If I was actually meant to have it surely somebody would of mentioned it? it's all very odd was wondering if they'd ment to send me something else God knows the joys of weekends! Thanks for your help guys
I wouldn't question it personally, I'd get that signed and sent off asap! There are very few free lunches in this world so when you get handed something good like that you've got to milk it for all it's worth! But yeah, generally they don't tell you when you're getting one. I started on a 3 month contract and was told when I started that it was, in all reality, a permanent position and I'd get a permanent one at some point. I got my permanent one about 3 or 4 weeks into my 4th 3 month contract with no word aside from what I was told about a year previous!
I got my permanent contract after about 3 and a half months in the job. I wasn't given a heads up by the lino, it just turned up in the post. SO get that thing signed and sent back pronto (assuming you want to)
Get it signed and returned asap. If for no other reason than to prevent the old intimadatory line of "well we will have to consider not renewing your contract", if you happen to make a manager have to work for his money to cover any workload that is too much!