ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Payslip problems

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Stormproof
Posts: 6116
Joined: 07 Jul 2007, 21:03
Gender: Female

Payslip problems

Post by Stormproof »

Just opened my payslip to find I've had nearly £100 taken off my pay. Anyone else had any problems today? It has seriously f****d me up as I'll just about cover the rent but thats about it.
So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets


Illegitimi non carborundum
WOBBLY
Posts: 362
Joined: 27 Apr 2012, 13:19
Gender: Male

Payslip problems

Post by WOBBLY »

No, mines ok. I'd be straight on to HR about it if I were you.
Stormproof
Posts: 6116
Joined: 07 Jul 2007, 21:03
Gender: Female

Payslip problems

Post by Stormproof »

Hoping someone can explain it because its beyond me! Did'nt open my slip until about 5pm, phoned HR but they had all gone home :roll:

Basic Pay 24.00 249.73
Arrears of Basic Pay -99.89
Defined Area Supp 12.31
Arrears of Defined Area Supp -4.92
Delivery Supp 4.70
Arrears of Delivery Supp -1.88
Delivery Supp 9.81
Arrears of Delivery Supp -3.92
POAL -4.24
Arrears of POAL 1.81
PSE Adj RMPP C 12.59
Arrears of PSE Adj RMPP C -12.59
So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets


Illegitimi non carborundum
toomuchcoke
Posts: 309
Joined: 05 Jun 2011, 18:15
Gender: Male

Payslip problems

Post by toomuchcoke »

Stormproof wrote:Hoping someone can explain it because its beyond me! Did'nt open my slip until about 5pm, phoned HR but they had all gone home :roll:

Basic Pay 24.00 249.73
Arrears of Basic Pay -99.89
Defined Area Supp 12.31
Arrears of Defined Area Supp -4.92
Delivery Supp 4.70
Arrears of Delivery Supp -1.88
Delivery Supp 9.81
Arrears of Delivery Supp -3.92
POAL -4.24
Arrears of POAL 1.81
PSE Adj RMPP C 12.59
Arrears of PSE Adj RMPP C -12.59
Something very similar happened to me recently (I'm now wondering if you work in the same DO as me! :whistle ). What had happened was that someone was updating the annual leave records, and incorrectly entered annual leave that I took some time ago. So instead of going through the system as annual leave it's been entered as something else which costs you pay. If you talk to your manager they'll say they have no idea what's happened, talking to HR should reveal something like what I already mentioned and the date(s) which are affected. At which point you can go back to your manager and get them to change the details to the correct ones, at which point you should get the money back the following week.
Stormproof
Posts: 6116
Joined: 07 Jul 2007, 21:03
Gender: Female

Payslip problems

Post by Stormproof »

toomuchcoke wrote:
Something very similar happened to me recently (I'm now wondering if you work in the same DO as me! :whistle ). What had happened was that someone was updating the annual leave records, and incorrectly entered annual leave that I took some time ago. So instead of going through the system as annual leave it's been entered as something else which costs you pay. If you talk to your manager they'll say they have no idea what's happened, talking to HR should reveal something like what I already mentioned and the date(s) which are affected. At which point you can go back to your manager and get them to change the details to the correct ones, at which point you should get the money back the following week.
You may be right. They sent me home a couple of weeks ago because they could'nt accomodate me on a duty because of an injury. To avoid it going on my Sick Record I was told to shift some of my A/L about as I was just about to go on leave anyway. I was due to go back on Tuesday this week for one day but they moved another of my A/L days to cover that.
So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets


Illegitimi non carborundum
rubberbond
Posts: 1497
Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
Gender: Male

Payslip problems

Post by rubberbond »

Stormproof wrote:
toomuchcoke wrote:
Something very similar happened to me recently (I'm now wondering if you work in the same DO as me! :whistle ). What had happened was that someone was updating the annual leave records, and incorrectly entered annual leave that I took some time ago. So instead of going through the system as annual leave it's been entered as something else which costs you pay. If you talk to your manager they'll say they have no idea what's happened, talking to HR should reveal something like what I already mentioned and the date(s) which are affected. At which point you can go back to your manager and get them to change the details to the correct ones, at which point you should get the money back the following week.
You may be right. They sent me home a couple of weeks ago because they could'nt accomodate me on a duty because of an injury. To avoid it going on my Sick Record I was told to shift some of my A/L about as I was just about to go on leave anyway. I was due to go back on Tuesday this week for one day but they moved another of my A/L days to cover that.
I didn't think they were allowed to do that, sick is sick, A/L is A/L, there is something very wrong there.
ebbzie
Posts: 660
Joined: 14 Jun 2011, 17:22
Gender: Male

Payslip problems

Post by ebbzie »

Are you on the wallington week
off?
Stormproof
Posts: 6116
Joined: 07 Jul 2007, 21:03
Gender: Female

Payslip problems

Post by Stormproof »

ebbzie wrote:Are you on the wallington week
off?
I do a job share. 3 days one week and 3 days the following week, then a week off.
So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets


Illegitimi non carborundum
Stormproof
Posts: 6116
Joined: 07 Jul 2007, 21:03
Gender: Female

Payslip problems

Post by Stormproof »

Spoken to HR and whats happened is the bloke in the bookroom at work has clicked the wrong box when I was on A/L and has clicked Unpaid Leave instead. Payroll said they won't issue another payment today and I'll have to wait until next Friday. I'm f***ing fuming :arrrghhh

Update: Contacted the CEO's office, payment on way apparently
So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets


Illegitimi non carborundum
Stormproof
Posts: 6116
Joined: 07 Jul 2007, 21:03
Gender: Female

Payslip problems

Post by Stormproof »

No money in the account, why am I not surprised! :roll:
So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets


Illegitimi non carborundum