ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Storm proof jacket

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Samsonite18
Posts: 15
Joined: 10 Sep 2015, 21:16
Gender: Female

Storm proof jacket

Post by Samsonite18 »

What's the sizing like on these it's just I got a one orederd in medium but it's too long on the arms so ordered a small instead hoping it will fit better. What's the difference between all the sizes in them is it by chest size only and are they always the same length regardless of size too.
Chewster
Posts: 527
Joined: 15 Jan 2016, 12:34
Gender: Male

Storm proof jacket

Post by Chewster »

I have no idea, but I normally wear a large on my top half but the Royal Mail jacket I have in large, I could go camping in! Smaller sizes definitely seem to be shorter so I think they must be done on a combo of chest and length etc
doorstepped
Posts: 1063
Joined: 10 Oct 2011, 23:17
Gender: Male
Location: Somewhere west of London

Storm proof jacket

Post by doorstepped »

get a larger jacket than you need, reason being the rain will then run down the back of your legs instead of the crack of your Ass.

the older jackets were a lot longer at the back the new ones are very short at the back
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Storm proof jacket

Post by Dorset Plodder »

Probably no definitive answer, as they seem to be made by different suppliers, hence the small changes in design. If you're really bothered try asking a few Posties if you can try theirs for size. Personally I just go for a large and roll the cuffs back, then you can wear another waterproof jacket underneath. Works great for the TORRENTIAL type rain! :thumbup
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)