ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

PPI rip off

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
dougfunny892
Posts: 91
Joined: 22 Mar 2011, 14:31
Gender: Male

PPI rip off

Post by dougfunny892 »

I never paid much attention to collections as I have always just done delivery, but I was doing some segging overtime the other night and was amazed how many parcels came in. I was looking at the paperwork for some firms and it was laughable how much they were paying,most bags had no paperwork. I then asked a few questions and found out that PPI ACC holders just print there own labels. No one is checking so what have they got to worry about? Apparently if you get caught numerous times you get a letter. That will teach them. How much revenue do Royal Mail lose due to this? Or have I missed something?
Nondescript
Posts: 232
Joined: 29 Nov 2013, 16:25
Gender: Male

PPI rip off

Post by Nondescript »

It's been ignored for years. I used to flag up dodgy or no paperwork PPI items to my collections manager and the items in question were segregated for investigation, but no-one else really bothered their arse about it. :shock:
dougfunny892
Posts: 91
Joined: 22 Mar 2011, 14:31
Gender: Male

PPI rip off

Post by dougfunny892 »

Why though? It's serious amounts of money. Or do no managers want to say they have a fraud problem?
Nondescript
Posts: 232
Joined: 29 Nov 2013, 16:25
Gender: Male

PPI rip off

Post by Nondescript »

I'm not sure, I just seemed to be the only one of the collection drivers who was bothered about it. The manager was diligent when it was flagged up to him.
NWpostie
Posts: 3620
Joined: 04 Aug 2007, 17:32
Gender: Male
Location: Sector 001 Borg Collective, 6 o f 9

PPI rip off

Post by NWpostie »

I usually refuse to collect if there is no paperwork and if I feel they are taking the mickey, I red x it and it will divert to revenue protection, a few firms have had their collection suspended for non payment.

As said previously, its serious money, money thats going in our wages.
Six of Nine loves Seven of Nine, together in Electric Dreams.