ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Gender neutral toilets
-
deggyg
- Posts: 65
- Joined: 14 Jul 2009, 15:18
- Gender: Male
Gender neutral toilets
Any office have these yet? If not, it'll soon be law to have them
-
Kick the Bucket
- Posts: 119
- Joined: 14 Sep 2015, 19:22
- Gender: Male
Gender neutral toilets
I'm not sexist, homophobic or anything else that could relate to gender less toilets. But personally I think it would be immensely odd and awkward and I for one would not be using one.
-
greengiant
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1268
- Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
- Gender: Male
Gender neutral toilets
I'd just be happy with a gents toilet that doesn't smell of stale urine. 
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Gender neutral toilets
deggyg wrote:Any office have these yet? If not, it'll soon be law to have them
Source ?
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Darren Bent
- Posts: 2150
- Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL
Gender neutral toilets
I can't see companies wanting to spend money on this nonsense.
-
deggyg
- Posts: 65
- Joined: 14 Jul 2009, 15:18
- Gender: Male
Gender neutral toilets
I just watched on BBC news about the issue, the argument for 'non binary' persons is getting a lot of political backing.
Google non binary people and see if you can understand it, because I didnt
Google non binary people and see if you can understand it, because I didnt
-
deggyg
- Posts: 65
- Joined: 14 Jul 2009, 15:18
- Gender: Male
Gender neutral toilets
Obama visit: Student 'comes out' at Obama event - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-36120780" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Gender neutral toilets
Then I think you have added 1+1+1 and come up with 1.
Non-binary is a complicated way of explaining the different ways that not everyone identifies with the gender they were born with, or in the case of hermaphrodites (having physical characteristics of both genders) and the androgynous (having the appearance of both or neither) what their physical appearance is.
Some people in an effort to protect those that fall in the "non-binary" label want non-gender toilets. Businesses won't be forced to turn the Ladies and Gents toilets into non-gender ones, but where possible, voluntarily, have a 3rd set for this group, or as is most likely have a single lockable cubicle with toilet and washing facilities for everyone who feels intimidated by large communal toilet areas.
At least thats the way I read it.
Non-binary is a complicated way of explaining the different ways that not everyone identifies with the gender they were born with, or in the case of hermaphrodites (having physical characteristics of both genders) and the androgynous (having the appearance of both or neither) what their physical appearance is.
Some people in an effort to protect those that fall in the "non-binary" label want non-gender toilets. Businesses won't be forced to turn the Ladies and Gents toilets into non-gender ones, but where possible, voluntarily, have a 3rd set for this group, or as is most likely have a single lockable cubicle with toilet and washing facilities for everyone who feels intimidated by large communal toilet areas.
At least thats the way I read it.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Gender neutral toilets
To clarify - it will be an extra set, not the merging of existing gender-specific ones.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
deggyg
- Posts: 65
- Joined: 14 Jul 2009, 15:18
- Gender: Male
Gender neutral toilets
So what signage would be on the front? Both male & female? It could get very messy discrimination wise.
I just read an account of a man who used female facilities in America because mentally he believes he is a woman, and they couldn't stop him for fear of being sued
I just read an account of a man who used female facilities in America because mentally he believes he is a woman, and they couldn't stop him for fear of being sued
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Gender neutral toilets
TBTTrueBlueTerrier wrote:Then I think you have added 1+1+1 and come up with 1.
Non-binary is a complicated way of explaining the different ways that not everyone identifies with the gender they were born with, or in the case of hermaphrodites (having physical characteristics of both genders) and the androgynous (having the appearance of both or neither) what their physical appearance is.
Some people in an effort to protect those that fall in the "non-binary" label want non-gender toilets. Businesses won't be forced to turn the Ladies and Gents toilets into non-gender ones, but where possible, voluntarily, have a 3rd set for this group, or as is most likely have a single lockable cubicle with toilet and washing facilities for everyone who feels intimidated by large communal toilet areas.
At least thats the way I read it.
That's what we've already got, a single lockable brick s**t house with toilet and washing facilities for everyone.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Gender neutral toilets
Many choices:deggyg wrote:So what signage would be on the front? Both male & female? It could get very messy discrimination wise.
I just read an account of a man who used female facilities in America because mentally he believes he is a woman, and they couldn't stop him for fear of being sued
http://www.919thebend.ca/sites/default/files/styles/large/public/news-images/gender-neutral-sign.jpg?itok=PVIJoYb8https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/8b/e1/1e/8be11e5e5a7db95458175bba93379e7b.jpghttp://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/10/17/article-0-18CCDDC800000578-616_634x379.jpghttps://queereka.com/files/2015/03/whichever.png

Its nothing to be worried about, if you are at home the toilet closest to you is a non-gender one.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
swindonandy
- Posts: 126
- Joined: 26 Feb 2010, 16:26
- Gender: Male
Gender neutral toilets
At worst it'll be an extra sign put on the door of the disabled toilets.
Or, they could make everyone happier and take out the hole-in-the-floor shitters at put in decent toilets...
Or, they could make everyone happier and take out the hole-in-the-floor shitters at put in decent toilets...
-
daveyeff
- Posts: 4699
- Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
- Gender: Male
Gender neutral toilets
there will be some canny comments in our bogs on a Monday morning from females once the 'miasma' reaches their noses after the lads have been on the Guinness on the sunday night. you would think someone has set off a ''dirty bomb'' in there. 
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Gender neutral toilets
When you're out on a Rural I think we all pee behind the same bushes! Does that count? 
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)