ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Gender neutral toilets

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
deggyg
Posts: 65
Joined: 14 Jul 2009, 15:18
Gender: Male

Gender neutral toilets

Post by deggyg »

Any office have these yet? If not, it'll soon be law to have them
Kick the Bucket
Posts: 119
Joined: 14 Sep 2015, 19:22
Gender: Male

Gender neutral toilets

Post by Kick the Bucket »

I'm not sexist, homophobic or anything else that could relate to gender less toilets. But personally I think it would be immensely odd and awkward and I for one would not be using one.
greengiant
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1268
Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
Gender: Male

Gender neutral toilets

Post by greengiant »

I'd just be happy with a gents toilet that doesn't smell of stale urine. :mad
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Gender neutral toilets

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

deggyg wrote:Any office have these yet? If not, it'll soon be law to have them
:left: :left: :left:


Source ?
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Darren Bent
Posts: 2150
Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
Gender: Male
Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL

Gender neutral toilets

Post by Darren Bent »

I can't see companies wanting to spend money on this nonsense.
deggyg
Posts: 65
Joined: 14 Jul 2009, 15:18
Gender: Male

Gender neutral toilets

Post by deggyg »

I just watched on BBC news about the issue, the argument for 'non binary' persons is getting a lot of political backing.
Google non binary people and see if you can understand it, because I didnt
deggyg
Posts: 65
Joined: 14 Jul 2009, 15:18
Gender: Male

Gender neutral toilets

Post by deggyg »

Obama visit: Student 'comes out' at Obama event - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-36120780" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Gender neutral toilets

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Then I think you have added 1+1+1 and come up with 1.

Non-binary is a complicated way of explaining the different ways that not everyone identifies with the gender they were born with, or in the case of hermaphrodites (having physical characteristics of both genders) and the androgynous (having the appearance of both or neither) what their physical appearance is.

Some people in an effort to protect those that fall in the "non-binary" label want non-gender toilets. Businesses won't be forced to turn the Ladies and Gents toilets into non-gender ones, but where possible, voluntarily, have a 3rd set for this group, or as is most likely have a single lockable cubicle with toilet and washing facilities for everyone who feels intimidated by large communal toilet areas.

At least thats the way I read it.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Gender neutral toilets

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

To clarify - it will be an extra set, not the merging of existing gender-specific ones.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
deggyg
Posts: 65
Joined: 14 Jul 2009, 15:18
Gender: Male

Gender neutral toilets

Post by deggyg »

So what signage would be on the front? Both male & female? It could get very messy discrimination wise.
I just read an account of a man who used female facilities in America because mentally he believes he is a woman, and they couldn't stop him for fear of being sued
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Gender neutral toilets

Post by Lounge Lizard »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Then I think you have added 1+1+1 and come up with 1.

Non-binary is a complicated way of explaining the different ways that not everyone identifies with the gender they were born with, or in the case of hermaphrodites (having physical characteristics of both genders) and the androgynous (having the appearance of both or neither) what their physical appearance is.

Some people in an effort to protect those that fall in the "non-binary" label want non-gender toilets. Businesses won't be forced to turn the Ladies and Gents toilets into non-gender ones, but where possible, voluntarily, have a 3rd set for this group, or as is most likely have a single lockable cubicle with toilet and washing facilities for everyone who feels intimidated by large communal toilet areas.

At least thats the way I read it.
TBT
That's what we've already got, a single lockable brick s**t house with toilet and washing facilities for everyone. :nana :nana
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Gender neutral toilets

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

deggyg wrote:So what signage would be on the front? Both male & female? It could get very messy discrimination wise.
I just read an account of a man who used female facilities in America because mentally he believes he is a woman, and they couldn't stop him for fear of being sued
Many choices:

http://www.919thebend.ca/sites/default/files/styles/large/public/news-images/gender-neutral-sign.jpg?itok=PVIJoYb8https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/8b/e1/1e/8be11e5e5a7db95458175bba93379e7b.jpghttp://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/10/17/article-0-18CCDDC800000578-616_634x379.jpghttps://queereka.com/files/2015/03/whichever.pngImage

Its nothing to be worried about, if you are at home the toilet closest to you is a non-gender one.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
swindonandy
Posts: 126
Joined: 26 Feb 2010, 16:26
Gender: Male

Gender neutral toilets

Post by swindonandy »

At worst it'll be an extra sign put on the door of the disabled toilets.

Or, they could make everyone happier and take out the hole-in-the-floor shitters at put in decent toilets...
daveyeff
Posts: 4699
Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
Gender: Male

Gender neutral toilets

Post by daveyeff »

there will be some canny comments in our bogs on a Monday morning from females once the 'miasma' reaches their noses after the lads have been on the Guinness on the sunday night. you would think someone has set off a ''dirty bomb'' in there. :Very Happy
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Gender neutral toilets

Post by Dorset Plodder »

When you're out on a Rural I think we all pee behind the same bushes! Does that count? :cool
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)