ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Tailors Bunion
-
Clashman
- Posts: 17
- Joined: 11 May 2008, 10:28
Tailors Bunion
Hi,just been diagnosed with a Tailors bunion
,was wondering if anyone else has this and which footwear they find is the most comfortable. I find the CAT boots are ok but struggling with finding suitable trainers for summer.Need something with a wide toe-box it seems.
-
Spartacus
- Posts: 533
- Joined: 23 Jun 2007, 16:41
- Location: Wales
Tailors Bunion
Clashman wrote:Hi,just been diagnosed with a Tailors bunion,was wondering if anyone else has this and which footwear they find is the most comfortable. I find the CAT boots are ok but struggling with finding suitable trainers for summer.Need something with a wide toe-box it seems.
I've got one, first thing stop wearing RM shoes, they're all too narrow, get yourself a proper pair of walking shoes/boots and get the business to contribute to the cost, you've got a legitimate medical reason for not wearing RM shoes.
Delivery
Resistance is fertile
Resistance is fertile
-
Clashman
- Posts: 17
- Joined: 11 May 2008, 10:28
Tailors Bunion
I've thrown my Anvils in the bin!! What are you wearing now?
-
Spartacus
- Posts: 533
- Joined: 23 Jun 2007, 16:41
- Location: Wales
Tailors Bunion
Clashman wrote:I've thrown my Anvils in the bin!! What are you wearing now?
A pair of merrells with a good sized toe box.
I'd suggest you actually try them on before buying, don't be buying online.
I also wear one of these, adds a bit of extra cushioning http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161281975576? ... EBIDX%3AIT" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Delivery
Resistance is fertile
Resistance is fertile
-
Clashman
- Posts: 17
- Joined: 11 May 2008, 10:28
Tailors Bunion
Okay,thanks for the advice will look into some trainers and also buy some protectors
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Tailors Bunion
Well that's a new one. I'll be looking forward to getting one of them then!
I've got normal Bunions, reoccuring Gout and recovered from Plantars!
I suppose if I had a desk job I'd get Piles! 
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
DB1100
- Posts: 1976
- Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30
Tailors Bunion
Knee's next,meniscus tears and or jumpers knee.Dorset Plodder wrote:Well that's a new one. I'll be looking forward to getting one of them then!I've got normal Bunions, reoccuring Gout and recovered from Plantars!
I suppose if I had a desk job I'd get Piles!
For we were soldiers once,and young
-
peshwaarinaan
- Posts: 381
- Joined: 29 May 2015, 11:35
- Gender: Female
Tailors Bunion
I've got arthritis in my left ankle coupled with PF and a calcaneal heel spur. The joys of being a Postie!!!Dorset Plodder wrote:Well that's a new one. I'll be looking forward to getting one of them then!I've got normal Bunions, reoccuring Gout and recovered from Plantars!
I suppose if I had a desk job I'd get Piles!
-
Stormproof
- Posts: 6116
- Joined: 07 Jul 2007, 21:03
- Gender: Female
Tailors Bunion
I got sent home today because my GP diagnosed Osteoarthritis in my big toe/Bunion. The advice on the Fit Note was to drop down to half distance. DOM went on about liability if I injured myself more and sent me home. Now going to sit on my arse for the next few weeks where I could've been doing something......face don't fecking fit othewise they would've found some indoor work for me if they did'nt want me to go out on delivery.
So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets
Illegitimi non carborundum
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets
Illegitimi non carborundum
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Tailors Bunion
Be careful SP....sitting on your arse all day you might piles!Stormproof wrote:I got sent home today because my GP diagnosed Osteoarthritis in my big toe/Bunion. The advice on the Fit Note was to drop down to half distance. DOM went on about liability if I injured myself more and sent me home. Now going to sit on my arse for the next few weeks where I could've been doing something......face don't fecking fit othewise they would've found some indoor work for me if they did'nt want me to go out on delivery.
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Tailors Bunion
I've never seen a bigger bunch of cripples in my life as work for Royal Mail ....And I'm not being nasty..... I'm one of them! God knows how long the current crop are going to struggle on? I suppose RM are just relying on a faster turnover of younger recruits? Can't see it happening, most DOs seem to be having problems recruiting!DB1100 wrote:Knee's next,meniscus tears and or jumpers knee.Dorset Plodder wrote:Well that's a new one. I'll be looking forward to getting one of them then!I've got normal Bunions, reoccuring Gout and recovered from Plantars!
I suppose if I had a desk job I'd get Piles!
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
Clashman
- Posts: 17
- Joined: 11 May 2008, 10:28
Tailors Bunion
It's scary really,especially with the bigger delivery spans we're expecting in the future. Could be a lot of posties being medically retired I imagine.
-
motherhubbard
- Posts: 1001
- Joined: 08 Feb 2010, 17:13
- Gender: Female
- Location: in the cupboard
Tailors Bunion
Have they explained why you have it?Clashman wrote:Hi,just been diagnosed with a Tailors bunion
I would get someone to check your feet to make sure your arches aren't falling.
Never let the hand you hold, hold you down.
-
Clashman
- Posts: 17
- Joined: 11 May 2008, 10:28
Tailors Bunion
Yes they are falling, have to wear supporting insoles now, didn't say that was the cause but I imagine it contributedmotherhubbard wrote:Have they explained why you have it?Clashman wrote:Hi,just been diagnosed with a Tailors bunion
I would get someone to check your feet to make sure your arches aren't falling.
-
sequinn
- Posts: 71
- Joined: 14 Jan 2009, 21:58
- Gender: Female
Tailors Bunion
My tailors bunion appeared after wearing orthotics. I think they over corrected my foot. CAT trainers were the most comfortable but RM don't supply them anymore. I bought 2 pairs myself online but was never given any money towards them. Wearing Anvils now but they are too wide but comfortable enough. I wear Merrells out of work but I've noticed that my tailors bunion catches sometimes on the edge of the shoe. My feet are much better now that I'm driving. I thought it was the walking I was doing but it must've been the pressure on the soles of my feet when pedalling that caused my excruciating foot pain, even though I'm walking more and faster!!!!