(also a warning to others...)
So, Managment (and WPC's) are now cracking down on people who are failing to scan these new 2D Barcodes.
A piece of paper has been produced listing the office walks in collum A,
the expected number of 2D scans that should have taken place on a certain day in column B
and the actual number of scans that took place in Comum C.
WTF!!
Issue No 1. How can they have any idea how many any postie should be scanning?? I assume there are some details in the system, but there is absolutely not record through the system. We have no Idea how many of these actually get to our office each day so how can they say how many should have been scanned on each walk that day.
Issue No 2. These barcodes are not reliable. I (and I assume everyone else) have a few each day that just will not scan, What every angle or distance you scan it at. The PDA just will not get it.
Issue No 3. (and this is why I'm haveing the rant) Is receiving a TWTP over (allegedly) not scanning these fair or acceptable when there is, in fact, no reliable data - The record shows I scanned 0/10 on the day in question - I'm scanning around 20+ most days!
Yes, I've probably missed the one or two but apparently the figures don't lie!
Well, big old cry of Bullsh*t from us all this morning
I just wanted others to be warned that fictitious figures are being pulled out of arses and you too may be pulled up on it.