ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Am I allowed to sell my mailstar bike?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
macthejaffa
Posts: 31
Joined: 02 Mar 2010, 20:18
Gender: Male

Am I allowed to sell my mailstar bike?

Post by macthejaffa »

As the heading says, is this ok now the bikes have all but been phased out nationwide?

Don't want to risk an eBay listing if it's gonna bite me on the arse...!
Postie45
Posts: 2160
Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
Gender: Male

Am I allowed to sell my mailstar bike?

Post by Postie45 »

is it your property to sell ?
macthejaffa
Posts: 31
Joined: 02 Mar 2010, 20:18
Gender: Male

Am I allowed to sell my mailstar bike?

Post by macthejaffa »

Did I buy it? No. My reason is that our office has a pile of discarded bikes, they're all in disrepair and management consider them scrap. Mines still at my home so was just wondering if all the rest are literally going to waste could I just sell mine on? I've seen some on eBay and gumtree and this is what makes me ask. Cheers
Theghost
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 417
Joined: 17 Mar 2009, 16:44
Gender: Male

Am I allowed to sell my mailstar bike?

Post by Theghost »

The bike is not yours to sell,It is the property of Royal Mail,Just like our uniform,Vans and anything else we are given to do the job.
Watch yourself if you sell it on ebay,They are looking at any way possible to get rid of full timers and this would risk your job for a few quid? Not worth it.
IcanthelpthewayIam
Posts: 4067
Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
Gender: Male

Am I allowed to sell my mailstar bike?

Post by IcanthelpthewayIam »

selling it would be theft, whether you are found out or not is an entirely different matter
DiamondSmiles
Posts: 498
Joined: 05 Feb 2009, 20:03
Gender: Male

Am I allowed to sell my mailstar bike?

Post by DiamondSmiles »

I'll give you 20p for it. Heap of rubbish those bikes!
CAMPINGBLUNDERER
Posts: 182
Joined: 08 Feb 2010, 14:37
Gender: Male

Am I allowed to sell my mailstar bike?

Post by CAMPINGBLUNDERER »

Are the bikes not sent off to Africavia a charity ?
Postie45
Posts: 2160
Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
Gender: Male

Am I allowed to sell my mailstar bike?

Post by Postie45 »

macthejaffa wrote:Did I buy it? No. My reason is that our office has a pile of discarded bikes, they're all in disrepair and management consider them scrap. Mines still at my home so was just wondering if all the rest are literally going to waste could I just sell mine on? I've seen some on eBay and gumtree and this is what makes me ask. Cheers
so ask your manager if you can sell it, oh and probably best get it in writing if he agrees to it.
DB1100
Posts: 1976
Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30

Am I allowed to sell my mailstar bike?

Post by DB1100 »

Not worth the aggro,it's not going to fetch a lot of money is it,also it would cost a fortune to post ,so it would have to be collected,and it might be a couple of halfwits from the IB turn up on your doorstep and decide to ransack your house to see what else you've had off this illustrious company of ours,just leave it somewhere so the local metal fairies can scrap the pile of sh1te.
For we were soldiers once,and young
wheresourmoney
Posts: 170
Joined: 27 Jan 2011, 14:50
Gender: Male

Am I allowed to sell my mailstar bike?

Post by wheresourmoney »

I would say no, our office heard that a local second hand bike dealer had one for sale, the managers turned up in a crew bus and took the bike back. with no payment paid to the dealer.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Am I allowed to sell my mailstar bike?

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

macthejaffa wrote:As the heading says, is this ok now the bikes have all but been phased out nationwide?

Don't want to risk an eBay listing if it's gonna bite me on the arse...!

No

Its theft.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
postslippete
Posts: 4194
Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
Gender: Male

Am I allowed to sell my mailstar bike?

Post by postslippete »

How about you get in touch with the producers on the BBC1 show "Money for Nothing"


They could use their labour and the parts on the bike to create a fantastic 'art nouveau' paper shredder. They could then sell the shredder on to the British Government who would willingly buy it at just a snip for several grand and then use it to dispose of some of the EU propaganda leaflets that get sent back to number 10 Downing Street.
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
scoobydo79
Posts: 2055
Joined: 15 May 2011, 19:04
Gender: Male

Am I allowed to sell my mailstar bike?

Post by scoobydo79 »

No it isnt Your property to sell :shock:
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Am I allowed to sell my mailstar bike?

Post by Lounge Lizard »

But which is worse,
MacTheJaffan selling a redundant Mailstar bike ? :shock:
or the Government selling Royal Mail ? :thumbdown
ikybear
Posts: 43
Joined: 05 Nov 2015, 13:17
Gender: Male

Am I allowed to sell my mailstar bike?

Post by ikybear »

I've got one in my garage. They had a clear out a couple of years ago and skipped a load of old bikes so I asked and the DOM said I could take one.
They do crop up on eBay. Good solid bikes at the end of the day.