ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Spare a thought
-
deristrong
- Posts: 195
- Joined: 15 Nov 2013, 09:28
- Gender: Male
Spare a thought
I've been shipped out to a different office. Three times in the last week I've been plonked in front of a walk [with a map] I don't know and told to get on with it. No rubber bands, no pouch and a hct with no brakes. Hours of looking for Seaview Hotel (that no longer exists but nobody told me and flats with entry codes I don't know
). Cutting off so feeling a twat. Nightmare & demoralising doesn't begin to tell you. Used to like this job But now? 
-
mjt120
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 53
- Joined: 26 Oct 2015, 18:49
- Gender: Male
Spare a thought
That's awful I'm sorry to hear u have been treated like that. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
-
Justanotherstar
- Posts: 351
- Joined: 28 Dec 2012, 10:43
- Gender: Male
Spare a thought
Just sounds like a regular day to me to be honest...except I have my own bags full of bands
Personally I'd only spend a maximum of 10 minutes looking for a place then I'd contact the manager and if he wasn't any help (as per...) then I'd take it back, same with the flats with no code.
Also I'd have refused to take the mail out if the HCT wasn't fit for use, the Dom would have to get the bloke out to fix it at which point you'd tell him you will be cutting off, you can't possibly know how much you will get done if you've never done it before...Not sure why that would make you feel a twat, throwing off a walk you don't know and delivering to a place you're unfamiliar with is hard work and made stressful if you're worried about completing so take that out the equation, if you finish great, if not that's the Dom's problem...show him this >
this violin needs to be smaller
Best thing about being a pain is that he will be less likely to ask you to go back
Also I'd have refused to take the mail out if the HCT wasn't fit for use, the Dom would have to get the bloke out to fix it at which point you'd tell him you will be cutting off, you can't possibly know how much you will get done if you've never done it before...Not sure why that would make you feel a twat, throwing off a walk you don't know and delivering to a place you're unfamiliar with is hard work and made stressful if you're worried about completing so take that out the equation, if you finish great, if not that's the Dom's problem...show him this >
Best thing about being a pain is that he will be less likely to ask you to go back
-
DB1100
- Posts: 1976
- Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30
Spare a thought
Excellent post,Justanotherstar wrote:Just sounds like a regular day to me to be honest...except I have my own bags full of bandsPersonally I'd only spend a maximum of 10 minutes looking for a place then I'd contact the manager and if he wasn't any help (as per...) then I'd take it back, same with the flats with no code.
Also I'd have refused to take the mail out if the HCT wasn't fit for use, the Dom would have to get the bloke out to fix it at which point you'd tell him you will be cutting off, you can't possibly know how much you will get done if you've never done it before...Not sure why that would make you feel a twat, throwing off a walk you don't know and delivering to a place you're unfamiliar with is hard work and made stressful if you're worried about completing so take that out the equation, if you finish great, if not that's the Dom's problem...show him this >this violin needs to be smaller
![]()
Best thing about being a pain is that he will be less likely to ask you to go back
For we were soldiers once,and young
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Spare a thought
Hope you've read similiar post on here ref working in other DOs? It is stressful (as most of us try and do a good job) and the time wasting that this sort of thing incurs is confusing (from a management point of view)
To recap: Start time at own DO..... Transport provided to other DO by RM (some posties prefer to get paid T&S travelling allowance).... Work Properly/Using the correct equipment.... Finish on Time at your own DO. Any problems ask your DOM to sort them out. Try not to get stressed!
There seems to be a lot of people being asked to move around at present..... Probably some Management Diktat come down from on High that nobody's bothered telling us about!
To recap: Start time at own DO..... Transport provided to other DO by RM (some posties prefer to get paid T&S travelling allowance).... Work Properly/Using the correct equipment.... Finish on Time at your own DO. Any problems ask your DOM to sort them out. Try not to get stressed!
There seems to be a lot of people being asked to move around at present..... Probably some Management Diktat come down from on High that nobody's bothered telling us about!
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)