I have been off sick for the past 5 weeks due to gallbladder surgery. My manager wants me to return tomorrow on light duties for 2.5hrs (11 days early) and then return to normal full duties next week. This is still within my sick line as it does not run out until 18th (six week line). Do I need to speak to my doctor regarding my return to work? I have been told that despite what my doctor suggests my wages can be stopped. The doctors note said "not fit for work for 6 weeks". Am I being pushed back to work too early? Am I covered insurance wise if I return to work? My manager's boss has mentioned stopping my wages if I do not return. I generally feel much better after my surgery and do not mind light duties however this approach by RM has me somewhat miffed lol.
Some advise please!