Myself and another colleague both work as full time postmen. We are both on 39 hour contracts and we would like to job share by working alternate weeks. We both accept our working hours would be reduced to 19.5 hours.
I am 49 years old and I currently have achillies tendinitis due to walking 15 miles 5 days a week on a hard surface. My fellow worker is 57 years old and he is currently struggling with his duty. We both would like to share a duty by working alternate weeks. This would give us both plently of rest so we would be more healthy for our working week. We feel this would also benefit Royal Mail by reducing sickness.
Please could anyone advise if this possible and how we go about it. I believe the government support job flexibility since it would create another job for someone else.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Job Share
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Job Share
This falls under flexible working
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Toby Tyke
- Posts: 97
- Joined: 21 Mar 2008, 14:06
Job Share
I did this at the end of last year.
Went down from 39hrs to 20 doing 3 days a week. Job share.
I am 55 and had quite a bit of time off following a serious health issue and surgery last year.
Went back to work and basically struggled to do 5-6 days a week.
Repeatedly asked to reduce my hours and go job share.
Took 6 months to finally get it sorted and was a lot more difficult than I expected.
Best move I have made.
Good luck with it.
Went down from 39hrs to 20 doing 3 days a week. Job share.
I am 55 and had quite a bit of time off following a serious health issue and surgery last year.
Went back to work and basically struggled to do 5-6 days a week.
Repeatedly asked to reduce my hours and go job share.
Took 6 months to finally get it sorted and was a lot more difficult than I expected.
Best move I have made.
Good luck with it.
-
Spartacus
- Posts: 533
- Joined: 23 Jun 2007, 16:41
- Location: Wales
Job Share
You'd be better off working 3 day weeks, you do Mon, Tue, and Weds, your colleague does Thu Fri and Sat, the second week you turn it around.
Hourly it gives you both about 23.5 as there's no need for a rest day cover.
Hourly it gives you both about 23.5 as there's no need for a rest day cover.
Delivery
Resistance is fertile
Resistance is fertile