Hiya. I've been a postie over a decade and for the last 3 years have been on the same duty and shift pattern, due to an office repick and the need for a certain number of full time reserves I've been told I have to be a reserve. I told my manager that I would try to accomodate an extra day a week and work 5 days instead of 4 if I could at least know my day off more than a week in advance as it would cause me childcare issues, came back from maternity end of last year. He shrugged his shoulders and said that's not my problem. To be a reserve I'd be changing number of days a week I work, number of hours a day, having set days off and start and finish times.
After talking to parents and inlaws neither want to do an extra day as they find it tiring so I want if possible to stay on my old duty which still exists and noone more senior than me picked it.
Can I use a flexible working request to ask that I stay on a shift pattern rather than wanting to change?
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Flexible working
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Flexible working
Yes - but they don't have to grant it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.