Conduct code van delivery
Hi can anyone help nearly 4 weeks ago I was parked on a 30% hill with wheels turned correct way and handbrake on when I was clipped by another (white van driver ) pushing my van into a car causing light damage to car and door damage to my van (vw hire ) driver didn't stop was told by line manager to complete delivery then hour later to report back to do office as suspended from driving
Since then I had visit by area safety manager and a fact finding on the Tue after but still not driving or heard anything and union rep was present at fact finding
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Conduct code van delivery
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
Conduct code van delivery
id imagine youre still suspended from driving pending the investigation, maybe you should ask a manager about whats taking so long.
-
saintrat2001
- Posts: 7
- Joined: 25 Feb 2016, 21:21
- Gender: Male
Conduct code van delivery
Yea ask a manager on a daily basis but said gone to area manager as he want dismissal as been a cpl of run aways in area I've had no letter for driving suspension or anything
-
Bernardson
- Posts: 320
- Joined: 11 Dec 2007, 23:22
Conduct code van delivery
You can only be held responsible for your own accident not that of others!
-
bustedflush
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1493
- Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
- Gender: Male
Conduct code van delivery
If you've parked safely and according to the rules and were victim of a van-damage hit-and-run then I can't see a problem for you. If the white van b*ggered-off and there is no witness other than yourself anyway, there can be no reasonable grounds for DIM to act against you. These things happen.
As said above, others' incidents have NO bearing on your incident.
As said above, others' incidents have NO bearing on your incident.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Conduct code van delivery
If the facts are as you say they are, and I have no reason to disbelieve you, then the dismissal should be overturned on appeal. You parked as directed, a 3rd part hit you and left the scene, you reported the collision and then followed the instructions of the manager. The dismissal has to be a reasonable decision given the circumstance, this wouldn't be.
However, despite the above as dismissal is a possibility, however slim, get the Area Rep representing you as and when needed, don't leave it to the local rep now matter how good they are.
However, despite the above as dismissal is a possibility, however slim, get the Area Rep representing you as and when needed, don't leave it to the local rep now matter how good they are.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
saintrat2001
- Posts: 7
- Joined: 25 Feb 2016, 21:21
- Gender: Male
Conduct code van delivery
Thank you I have area rep involved and I've been told that case not being handled correctly with very little contact from line managers and been told that if area manager has made a outcome before taking in facts
-
mudmonster
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 107
- Joined: 28 Apr 2010, 15:32
- Gender: Male
Conduct code van delivery
Sounds about right for RM .They never investigate anything properly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!saintrat2001 wrote:Thank you I have area rep involved and I've been told that case not being handled correctly with very little contact from line managers and been told that if area manager has made a outcome before taking in facts