ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Annual Holiday and Bank Holidays

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Roy7104
Posts: 4
Joined: 28 Oct 2015, 12:18
Gender: Male

Annual Holiday and Bank Holidays

Post by Roy7104 »

Hi,
Could anyone help with this, I was on a weeks annual leave last week from the Monday until Easter Saturday (paid 5 days holiday, 30 hr contract)
How does it work with Good Friday. Half my co workers say I should get paid it or have a day off carried over the other half say I have lost it. Could someone please clarify this. Thanks
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Annual Holiday and Bank Holidays

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Roy7104 wrote:Hi,
Could anyone help with this, I was on a weeks annual leave last week from the Monday until Easter Saturday (paid 5 days holiday, 30 hr contract)
How does it work with Good Friday. Half my co workers say I should get paid it or have a day off carried over the other half say I have lost it. Could someone please clarify this. Thanks
You can't be on two types of leave at the same time. Therefore you are owed a day in Lieu or the hours you would normally have worked as overtime.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.