ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Bank holiday Monday!
-
Tracycot
- Posts: 16
- Joined: 30 Apr 2015, 22:44
- Gender: Female
Bank holiday Monday!
Been into work today . My days off this week are meant to be Fri , Sat Monday . Guess what yesterday was my RDO so only got Friday off . Can they do this to you ?
-
daveyeff
- Posts: 4699
- Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
- Gender: Male
Bank holiday Monday!
well you want a lieu day for yesterday then.
-
daveyeff
- Posts: 4699
- Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
- Gender: Male
Bank holiday Monday!
whats happened to you're Saturday?
-
Tracycot
- Posts: 16
- Joined: 30 Apr 2015, 22:44
- Gender: Female
Bank holiday Monday!
I don't want a lieu day as I'm still owed lots of a/l from this year . My Saturday I am in on another Duty .
-
eggraidonmojo
- Posts: 120
- Joined: 06 Nov 2012, 16:44
- Gender: Male
Bank holiday Monday!
If I understand correctly, you were due a day off on Easter Monday, but since it is a bank holiday you weren't in anyway...
You are entitled to either a) a lieu day or b) to take the excess hours paid as overtime.
You'll need your bookroom person to do this for you (failing that, your line manager). If they are reluctant to do it, you may need to inform your rep that this is what you would like to do.
The relevant Royal Mail policy can be downloaded here (see page 2): http://www.mediafire.com/download/d4cf4 ... ary+A4.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
You are entitled to either a) a lieu day or b) to take the excess hours paid as overtime.
You'll need your bookroom person to do this for you (failing that, your line manager). If they are reluctant to do it, you may need to inform your rep that this is what you would like to do.
The relevant Royal Mail policy can be downloaded here (see page 2): http://www.mediafire.com/download/d4cf4 ... ary+A4.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
-
daveyeff
- Posts: 4699
- Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
- Gender: Male
Bank holiday Monday!
I meant THEY owe you a lieu day.Tracycot wrote:I don't want a lieu day as I'm still owed lots of a/l from this year . My Saturday I am in on another Duty .
-
Tracycot
- Posts: 16
- Joined: 30 Apr 2015, 22:44
- Gender: Female
Bank holiday Monday!
No I wasn't due a day off Easter Monday . My day off this coming week would off been my long weekend fri Sat and the following Monday . Now they have given Bank Holiday Monday as my RDO , and I have only got Friday off , Saturday I am in on a different duty altogether .
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32794
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Bank holiday Monday!
Why don't we start again...in plain English.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
ebbzie
- Posts: 660
- Joined: 14 Jun 2011, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Bank holiday Monday!
Get your rep onto it
-
eggraidonmojo
- Posts: 120
- Joined: 06 Nov 2012, 16:44
- Gender: Male
Bank holiday Monday!
Ah, I see.
Like ebbzie said, this is probably one for your rep.
If your duty is due a scheduled long weekend (1 in 6, 1 in 4, whatever), then you're entitled to it, I think. If it isn't actually your duty, (you've not signed for it, but you just do it on a regular basis), then maybe they could get round it that way (like by putting you on a completely different duty on Saturday, as you say they've done). Still, if that is what they've done - it's not very gentlemanly! - and your rep should have something to say about it...
Like ebbzie said, this is probably one for your rep.
If your duty is due a scheduled long weekend (1 in 6, 1 in 4, whatever), then you're entitled to it, I think. If it isn't actually your duty, (you've not signed for it, but you just do it on a regular basis), then maybe they could get round it that way (like by putting you on a completely different duty on Saturday, as you say they've done). Still, if that is what they've done - it's not very gentlemanly! - and your rep should have something to say about it...
-
Tracycot
- Posts: 16
- Joined: 30 Apr 2015, 22:44
- Gender: Female
Bank holiday Monday!
Ok thank you .