Got a few questions, bit of background first....
I've been with Royal Mail for 41/2 Years, or a tad over.
Last year I went sick with severe back pains, middle and lower back, I also went off with stress(There was personal issues going on in my life as well), due to being called in the DAY AFTER I went on the sick and them trying to get me back in immediately on a rehab slot in the office, so I went back to the doctors and produced another sick note to back up the back problems. I returned after 3 months, started off on a few hours and built up to my 24 hour contracted hours. I've not been issued a stage 1, didn't receive a welcome back meeting, nothing!! So in the meantime, I've been to spinal rehab, had xrays, MRI scan, still in pain. So, basically, since last june/july I've been in limbo.
In a nutshell, my back is knackered, I've got calcium in the lower spine, slight twisting and so forth.
OH Assist, who to be fair have been pretty much pants to my manager, but generally OK with me, have just been back in touch and told me that I'm eligible for Ill Health Retirement with lump sum(or DDR). I've been on the CWU website and also RM policy page, seems a touch sketchy, how much approx would I pick up in this lump sum?? Considering I'm on a 24 hour contract?
Would it be a good idea to take a rep in with me to my meeting??
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Ill Health Retirement.....
-
RobertT
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 6694
- Joined: 09 Sep 2007, 14:26
- Gender: Male
Ill Health Retirement.....
You'd get roughly about £9,000.
Links to all RM pension related websites are here
-
PaulyQ
- Posts: 20
- Joined: 09 Jan 2012, 15:42
- Gender: Male
Ill Health Retirement.....
is that with my shares added on top or flatline figure, as they would add on around 3500.
thanks for reply
thanks for reply
-
RobertT
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 6694
- Joined: 09 Sep 2007, 14:26
- Gender: Male
Ill Health Retirement.....
The shares would be on top of that. Although assuming you have a pro rata(24 hours) allocation I would expect them to be worth about £2,400 at the moment.
Links to all RM pension related websites are here
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Ill Health Retirement.....
http://www.glosamal.co.uk/Docs/Group_Il ... nt_200.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I would RECOMMEND reading the whole agreement at the link, its very important you know your rights.12.3 Retirement on Ill Health Grounds with Lump Sum Payment
Where an employee has at least one year’s service and meets the criteria for
retirement on ill health grounds with a lump sum compensation payment, a
payment equivalent to 34 weeks’ pay will be made.
A deferred pension will also be payable to all pensionable employees.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
PaulyQ
- Posts: 20
- Joined: 09 Jan 2012, 15:42
- Gender: Male
Ill Health Retirement.....
But, on CWU website http://cwuni.org.uk/id36.html
Hence the confusion."2 to 5 years service: Basic payment of 3 months annual basic pay, plus 1 month's basic pay per year for each year over 2 years up to an additional 3 months pay."
-
RobertT
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 6694
- Joined: 09 Sep 2007, 14:26
- Gender: Male
Ill Health Retirement.....
Your CWU link is the agreement from 1st April 2000, while the link TBT supplied is from 1st May 2009 and clearly states in the 2nd paragraph that it replaces the previous agreement.PaulyQ wrote:But, on CWU website http://cwuni.org.uk/id36.html
Hence the confusion."2 to 5 years service: Basic payment of 3 months annual basic pay, plus 1 month's basic pay per year for each year over 2 years up to an additional 3 months pay."
Links to all RM pension related websites are here
-
PaulyQ
- Posts: 20
- Joined: 09 Jan 2012, 15:42
- Gender: Male
Ill Health Retirement.....
Thank you Robert :D Much appreciated.