ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Ghost Overtime
-
super-postie
- Posts: 94
- Joined: 30 Jul 2015, 06:48
- Gender: Male
Ghost Overtime
Is it allowed for a part timer to be paid overtime (to make their hours to full time) even if they finish early.
Is this ghost overtime? Seems unfair to me as the rest of part timers have a battle to get paid for actual hours worked.
Is this ghost overtime? Seems unfair to me as the rest of part timers have a battle to get paid for actual hours worked.
-
Sir Henry
- Posts: 1316
- Joined: 24 Oct 2014, 00:33
- Gender: Male
Ghost Overtime
Ghost overtime? You mean there's no respite from the constant hassle of Linos seeking some mug to work until teatime, even after death?
"A third of the world's farmland is now useless due to soil degradation, yet we still keep producing mouths to feed. And what's you answer to that? Energy saving lightbulbs?"
-
bensonhedge
- Posts: 448
- Joined: 15 Mar 2010, 20:14
- Gender: Male
Ghost Overtime
I do ghost most days,wouldn't do extra loops for them if it meant going over my time.
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
Ghost Overtime
This is outrageous and makes me sick. Your manager should be sacked.bensonhedge wrote:I do ghost most days,wouldn't do extra loops for them if it meant going over my time.
Most people struggle to finish on time, go over just to complete and struggle to get paid for that extra time taken, yet you get given money for nothing.
-
super-postie
- Posts: 94
- Joined: 30 Jul 2015, 06:48
- Gender: Male
Ghost Overtime
Hey, you must work in my office! But its annoying some folk getting paid for not even working and us idiots battling to justify why we'll be over by half an hour and getting "nobody else claims on that duty" failing to take into account they start early, take d2ds home to collate, run round and dont take a break. If this was taken ino account Id be hailed as Superpostie! Hence my username:)
-
super-postie
- Posts: 94
- Joined: 30 Jul 2015, 06:48
- Gender: Male
Ghost Overtime
So I guess its allowed in some offices and outlawed in others. Id take it if it was on offer so cant blame you guys. Typical that it varies from office to office. Another example of great management.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Ghost Overtime
He may also struggle to finish on time but won't do overtime unless he gets a bit extra. It's capitalism for the working man.NewPostieUK wrote:This is outrageous and makes me sick. Your manager should be sacked.bensonhedge wrote:I do ghost most days,wouldn't do extra loops for them if it meant going over my time.
Most people struggle to finish on time, go over just to complete and struggle to get paid for that extra time taken, yet you get given money for nothing.
I don't support it, but I can't condemn it either,
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
hans solo
- Posts: 3285
- Joined: 06 Feb 2011, 18:08
- Gender: Male
Ghost Overtime
you should be reporting any manager authorising ghost overtime to ib it is serious fraud
-
bensonhedge
- Posts: 448
- Joined: 15 Mar 2010, 20:14
- Gender: Male
Ghost Overtime
Hold on a minute,how do I get given money for nothing when I'm doing extra loops on overtime??? Just because I can complete in my time is not my fault is it? Guess you like to drag it out all day? That makes me sickNewPostieUK wrote:This is outrageous and makes me sick. Your manager should be sacked.bensonhedge wrote:I do ghost most days,wouldn't do extra loops for them if it meant going over my time.
Most people struggle to finish on time, go over just to complete and struggle to get paid for that extra time taken, yet you get given money for nothing.
-
greengiant
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1268
- Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
- Gender: Male
Ghost Overtime
It's not overtime if it is done within your duty time though?bensonhedge wrote:Hold on a minute,how do I get given money for nothing when I'm doing extra loops on overtime??? Just because I can complete in my time is not my fault is it? Guess you like to drag it out all day? That makes me sickNewPostieUK wrote:This is outrageous and makes me sick. Your manager should be sacked.bensonhedge wrote:I do ghost most days,wouldn't do extra loops for them if it meant going over my time.
Most people struggle to finish on time, go over just to complete and struggle to get paid for that extra time taken, yet you get given money for nothing.
-
citypostie
- Posts: 895
- Joined: 08 Apr 2009, 19:42
- Gender: Male
Ghost Overtime
Well it is isn't it, otherwise he would just go home early and let the lino go out and pound the streets! Win win situation for Benson who earns extra and lino who stays inside and warmgreengiant wrote:It's not overtime if it is done within your duty time though?bensonhedge wrote:Hold on a minute,how do I get given money for nothing when I'm doing extra loops on overtime??? Just because I can complete in my time is not my fault is it? Guess you like to drag it out all day? That makes me sickNewPostieUK wrote:This is outrageous and makes me sick. Your manager should be sacked.bensonhedge wrote:I do ghost most days,wouldn't do extra loops for them if it meant going over my time.
Most people struggle to finish on time, go over just to complete and struggle to get paid for that extra time taken, yet you get given money for nothing.
-
Mikky
- Posts: 18
- Joined: 11 Aug 2012, 17:25
- Gender: Male
Ghost Overtime
If you do a full time duty you should negotiate the same hours as a full timer would get for the duty.super-postie wrote:Is it allowed for a part timer to be paid overtime (to make their hours to full time) even if they finish early.
Is this ghost overtime? Seems unfair to me as the rest of part timers have a battle to get paid for actual hours worked.
If you are asked to come in later at least make sure you are being paid until there finish time.
-
bensonhedge
- Posts: 448
- Joined: 15 Mar 2010, 20:14
- Gender: Male
Ghost Overtime
People would think I was the office planner judging by some replies on here! If I wanna wizz round and earn an extra 2 hrs docket surely that's MY choice!
-
taxi4leighton
- Posts: 343
- Joined: 11 Oct 2007, 14:05
Ghost Overtime
what about part time posties who work overtime everyday to get a decent wage
but when their on leave or off sick just get paid their contracted hours?.
and doesnt count towards their pension
this is the real scandal
but when their on leave or off sick just get paid their contracted hours?.
and doesnt count towards their pension
this is the real scandal
-
bensonhedge
- Posts: 448
- Joined: 15 Mar 2010, 20:14
- Gender: Male
Ghost Overtime
I'm with you there but I'm FT so it don't really affect metaxi4leighton wrote:what about part time posties who work overtime everyday to get a decent wage
but when their on leave or off sick just get paid their contracted hours?.
and doesnt count towards their pension
this is the real scandal