From next month, for financial reasons, I can't do any overtime in the next financial year. I warmed my DOM of this a couple of weeks ago and he said he'd sort something out but my Lino had a right go at me last week. He said he'd been told that I was "refusing" to do overtime and RM needed people to be flexible bla bla bla. He told me that I needed to re-consider my position with Royal Mail. I really felt like he was threatening me. I've been happy to work the overtime up until now but I only ever wanted 20 hours a week. I'm on leave now so I'm not sure what's going to happen when I get back
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Threatened by Lino because I can't do overtime
-
peshwaarinaan
- Posts: 381
- Joined: 29 May 2015, 11:35
- Gender: Female
Threatened by Lino because I can't do overtime
I started last July on a 20 hour contract (Wednesday to Sat). I was put on a van-share with a full-timer and have been doing about 28 hours a week.
From next month, for financial reasons, I can't do any overtime in the next financial year. I warmed my DOM of this a couple of weeks ago and he said he'd sort something out but my Lino had a right go at me last week. He said he'd been told that I was "refusing" to do overtime and RM needed people to be flexible bla bla bla. He told me that I needed to re-consider my position with Royal Mail. I really felt like he was threatening me. I've been happy to work the overtime up until now but I only ever wanted 20 hours a week. I'm on leave now so I'm not sure what's going to happen when I get back
.
From next month, for financial reasons, I can't do any overtime in the next financial year. I warmed my DOM of this a couple of weeks ago and he said he'd sort something out but my Lino had a right go at me last week. He said he'd been told that I was "refusing" to do overtime and RM needed people to be flexible bla bla bla. He told me that I needed to re-consider my position with Royal Mail. I really felt like he was threatening me. I've been happy to work the overtime up until now but I only ever wanted 20 hours a week. I'm on leave now so I'm not sure what's going to happen when I get back
-
max power
- Posts: 113
- Joined: 13 Sep 2007, 21:30
Threatened by Lino because I can't do overtime
Nobody can be MADE to do overtime
i think whats really pissed off management is that they have relied on you too much
i think whats really pissed off management is that they have relied on you too much
-
IcanthelpthewayIam
- Posts: 4067
- Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
- Gender: Male
Threatened by Lino because I can't do overtime
out of interest what are the financial reasons stopping you doing overtime in the next financial year?
-
daveyeff
- Posts: 4699
- Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
- Gender: Male
Threatened by Lino because I can't do overtime
happened to a lad in our office. his reasons were so he could qualify for his tax credits so he couldn't do overtime for ex amount of weeks/months or however long it was. they weren't happy cos they had been using him for pressure overtime for months on end. they spat their dummy out good style.
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32794
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Threatened by Lino because I can't do overtime
Had to delete a post about getting someone to give the lino a slap,scratch his car up ect.
Read the rules people.
Read the rules people.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
slinder123
- Posts: 261
- Joined: 25 Oct 2014, 14:44
- Gender: Female
Threatened by Lino because I can't do overtime
you dont need to make excuses to anyone thats the first thing. get in touch with your rep im assuming your a union member and get him to put in a grievance : . the problem royal mail have is not your problem they give out part time contracts and expect you to do extra hours well it does not work like that in the real world. i hate bullys hope your rep sorts it out 
-
stan_lers
- Posts: 136
- Joined: 04 Nov 2014, 21:52
- Gender: Male
Threatened by Lino because I can't do overtime
If they're now understaffed by 8hrs a week, they should move someone else up to 28/30hrs since the hours are obviously there. Except they wont cus it's cheaper to rely on people working overtime.
-
bustedflush
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1493
- Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
- Gender: Male
Threatened by Lino because I can't do overtime
This is Benson of the highest order. Go to your rep, it's unacceptable.
-
Destiny
- Posts: 200
- Joined: 29 Dec 2010, 10:18
- Gender: Male
- Location: North
Threatened by Lino because I can't do overtime
They employed you on this contract so explain that, flexible is nothing to do with countless weekly amounts of overtime.
It's in writing what they expect fom you so ask for clarification where it states above and beyond flexibility.
Ask for a new contract
It's in writing what they expect fom you so ask for clarification where it states above and beyond flexibility.
Ask for a new contract
-
goldy
- Posts: 220
- Joined: 24 Mar 2009, 13:58
- Gender: Male
Threatened by Lino because I can't do overtime
Destiny wrote:They employed you on this contract so explain that, flexible is nothing to do with countless weekly amounts of overtime.
It's in writing what they expect fom you so ask for clarification where it states above and beyond flexibility.
Ask for a new contract
All these people on short contracts are being exploited they mainly seem quite low skilled and desperate for work so they will do nearly anything CWU doing nothing as usual.
-
peshwaarinaan
- Posts: 381
- Joined: 29 May 2015, 11:35
- Gender: Female
Threatened by Lino because I can't do overtime
Thanks for your replies. Overtime wasn't even mentioned at the interview and as far as I was concerned it was only 20 hours a week! I was asked if I was flexible on my start time and I said yes, providing I had advance notice as my youngest son is still in primary school. I really love this job but I can't believe how shoddy the management are and how staff are abused. It's a joke!!!
I'm not sure what to expect when I get back from Annual Leave but yes I'm in the union and will be getting them on board if necessary.
I am already seen as being 'difficult' as I am the only one in the office who does 4 days a week. Everyone else works 6 days and gets a rest week off every 5 weeks. That in itself makes it more awkward for them to move me to a different duty but that's not my problem!!!!
I'm not sure what to expect when I get back from Annual Leave but yes I'm in the union and will be getting them on board if necessary.
I am already seen as being 'difficult' as I am the only one in the office who does 4 days a week. Everyone else works 6 days and gets a rest week off every 5 weeks. That in itself makes it more awkward for them to move me to a different duty but that's not my problem!!!!
-
Stammerking
- Posts: 208
- Joined: 09 Dec 2007, 20:58
Threatened by Lino because I can't do overtime
so its ok to abuse the Tax credits system! Boils my piss this the credit system is to help people who cannot get enough hours to live on grrrrrr
-
bustedflush
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1493
- Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
- Gender: Male
Threatened by Lino because I can't do overtime
Sorry, that's BS. A person can only be reasonably expected to plan on their BASIC contracted hours. So as the WTC system is based a year in arrears, and he doesn't get OT every week, he'd be worse-off if the OT became less. Plus he may have childcare costs that would make him worse off for working more hours. Tax credits are nothing to do with the amount of hours you work as long as over 16, but how much you earn for doing them.Stammerking wrote:so its ok to abuse the Tax credits system! Boils my piss this the credit system is to help people who cannot get enough hours to live on grrrrrr
-
Surreypostie
- Posts: 999
- Joined: 04 Aug 2013, 21:05
- Gender: Male
Threatened by Lino because I can't do overtime
The man is contracted to work 20 hours, he is entitled to do 20 hours and go home. I am contracted to do 39 hours, I do that and no more. As stated, if the work is there, make someone up or employ more people. I used to rely on overtime, at the stroke of a pen RM did away with it and landed me in the financial shite, I am now out of it, I budget for my salary, I do not want their overtime.
-
Nondescript
- Posts: 232
- Joined: 29 Nov 2013, 16:25
- Gender: Male
Threatened by Lino because I can't do overtime
This is exactly the type of despicable tactic we've come to expect from the clipboard cuddling c***ts who literally scrounge a living off our backs. They may think that we are bottom of the barrel, but they are the scum who float about on top. C**ks.