ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Transferring process

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Nobbylad
Posts: 12
Joined: 30 Dec 2015, 20:19
Gender: Male

Transferring process

Post by Nobbylad »

Hi, I'm aware this has been discussed but I'm still unclear on the best way to go about it. I want to transfer to move nearer to family in a completely different sector to where I work. What would be the best way to go about it considering my current office is really short staffed?
GRS
Posts: 826
Joined: 15 Jun 2015, 18:38
Gender: Female
Location: South West

Transferring process

Post by GRS »

Is it also correct that if you transfer you automatically become part time?
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Transferring process

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

GRS wrote:Is it also correct that if you transfer you automatically become part time?
Not automatically, no. But usually its the PT posts that are offered.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Transferring process

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Nobbylad wrote:Hi, I'm aware this has been discussed but I'm still unclear on the best way to go about it. I want to transfer to move nearer to family in a completely different sector to where I work. What would be the best way to go about it considering my current office is really short staffed?

If your office is understaffed the boss will drags his heels so go the official route. This LTB has an attachment - read both and start applying.

http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... cy#p700636" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.