ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Tracked parcel sent to old address

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
stan_lers
Posts: 136
Joined: 04 Nov 2014, 21:52
Gender: Male

Tracked parcel sent to old address

Post by stan_lers »

I moved house a few weeks ago, and I have an account with Beer52 (like Graze but for beer), but with the hassle of moving I forgot to update my address and didn't realise another box had been sent until I checked my bank statement. Got in touch with the company who gave me a tracking number saying it had been delivered successfully last week to my old house.

The new tenants say they had a card saying it was left by the bins, but that there was no parcel when they looked (though they could be making this up for all I know).

What's the company's policy here in terms of compensation? If it's been doorstepped then it's my word against RM's. I do have a redirection, I know it doesn't apply to tracked but assuming the postie remembered I had one, should tracked items be killed off in that situation?
deltaforce
Posts: 778
Joined: 01 Jan 2009, 15:29
Gender: Male

Tracked parcel sent to old address

Post by deltaforce »

Was it a royal mail contract?
If it was ,then it is a redirection failure. Gut feeling tells me that old house residents have guzzled it..
So your best bet is the redirection failure route
Chewster
Posts: 527
Joined: 15 Jan 2016, 12:34
Gender: Male

Tracked parcel sent to old address

Post by Chewster »

Yeah, I thought redirections applied to ALL items, except for things that specifically say DO NOT REDIRECT ?

I had a special that was a redirection once and I just redirected it as normal. Thought I was getting rid of a special, but it was being redirected to another house on my round lol
dennis12
Posts: 37
Joined: 18 Jun 2013, 19:46
Gender: Male

Tracked parcel sent to old address

Post by dennis12 »

I agree as far as I know it is only items marked as do not redirect that you would not redirect to new address
crazyshrew
Posts: 584
Joined: 19 Jun 2011, 16:58
Gender: Female
Location: Coastal, South West

Tracked parcel sent to old address

Post by crazyshrew »

just had a lookie and it seems this is down to a redirection failiur so you should be on to RM for compensation.Unless beer is classed as restricted goods

https://www.royalmail.com/personal/rece ... 5-19350096
Is there any mail you can't redirect?
We can’t redirect:
  • mail for people who were not occupying the old address
  • personal mail from a business address
  • mail delivered to your door by other delivery services or couriers, including Parcelforce. In some areas, this may include business mail items such as bank
  • statements, council tax statements and utility bills, which are delivered to your door by postal service providers other than Royal Mail
  • mail from a nursing home, boarding house, hotel, college hall of residence, hospital or other multi occupied premises
  • mail from a British Forces Post Office® (BFPO) address
  • items to addresses outside the UK that are larger than letter size or clearly contain goods
  • Special Delivery Guaranteed™, Royal Mail Signed For™ and Royal Mail Tracked 24™ and 48 items to an address outside the UK
  • Royal Mail Tracked 24™ and 48 restricted goods in the UK
  • any mail where laws prohibit us to redirect mail. For example we may be instructed by law to notify the authorities of Redirection requests for mail relating to government benefits.
stan_lers
Posts: 136
Joined: 04 Nov 2014, 21:52
Gender: Male

Tracked parcel sent to old address

Post by stan_lers »

crazyshrew wrote:just had a lookie and it seems this is down to a redirection failiur so you should be on to RM for compensation.Unless beer is classed as restricted goods

https://www.royalmail.com/personal/rece ... 5-19350096
Is there any mail you can't redirect?
We can’t redirect:
  • Royal Mail Tracked 24™ and 48 restricted goods in the UK
Apparently all alcohol is classed as restricted. The only 'restrictions' are that is has to be labelled as fragile and have a return address, which is a fairly stupid reason not to be able to redirect something.

If it is restricted, should it be killed off rather than just delivered anyway? Either way it was doorstepped so hopefully I can still get a refund.
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32794
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Tracked parcel sent to old address

Post by POSTMAN »

I'd stir some s**t up, make a complaint,contact the screw at the office that does your old address, the list is endless, till w*****s start to do their job properly.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.