ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
New Role/Transfer
-
Kikidee
- Posts: 23
- Joined: 25 Jan 2015, 14:37
- Gender: Female
New Role/Transfer
Hi, i spotted a new postie role advertised (to general public) in a depot I'd prefer to work in. What's the procedure? Do i apply as normal or is it a transfer? Thanks
-
Chewster
- Posts: 527
- Joined: 15 Jan 2016, 12:34
- Gender: Male
New Role/Transfer
I don't know the OFFICIAL procedure, but I know that a lady in my office wanted to transfer once. DOMs kept putting it off, so in the end she went to the other office herself, asked if she could transfer there, and they sorted it all out
-
Darren Bent
- Posts: 2150
- Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL
New Role/Transfer
Print out the information, then go to delivery office and ask if you can transfer your job to this. If they want you, they will push for you. Never rely on managers who doesn't want to do anything.
-
Queeg500
- Posts: 37
- Joined: 22 Sep 2013, 11:24
- Gender: Male
New Role/Transfer
I'm interested to know how you can put wheels in motion yourself?
I'm in exactly the same situation as the OP but my manager will block my attempt to transfer, the other DOM wants me there as I've worked with him in the past, but he doesn't want to tread on my DOMs toes as they know eachother.
I'm in exactly the same situation as the OP but my manager will block my attempt to transfer, the other DOM wants me there as I've worked with him in the past, but he doesn't want to tread on my DOMs toes as they know eachother.