ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Days off in lieu...

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
trevjim
Posts: 170
Joined: 05 Dec 2012, 20:04
Gender: Male

Days off in lieu...

Post by trevjim »

For the forthcoming bank holidays. The friday and monday have of course been allocated as my days off. So i now get 2 days back in lieu right?

My days off have always been on the bank holidays, so in the 3 years ive been here i should of collected a few days in lieu right?

Do they carry over each year?because ive never actually got a day back
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32794
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Days off in lieu...

Post by POSTMAN »

http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... =1&t=69286" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
Burghboy
Posts: 224
Joined: 21 Oct 2013, 09:19
Gender: Male

Days off in lieu...

Post by Burghboy »


When's the bank holidays?
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32794
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Days off in lieu...

Post by POSTMAN »

Burghboy wrote:

When's the bank holidays?
http://www.royalmail.com/service-update/bank-holidays" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
Chewster
Posts: 527
Joined: 15 Jan 2016, 12:34
Gender: Male

Days off in lieu...

Post by Chewster »

I often get bank holidays as my day off too and I've always got the days back. Our manager carries them over year to year (got some old timers who have got more than a month to take off!) but I recall him saying that they're not really supposed to, so I'd suggest checking with your managers
Sir Henry
Posts: 1316
Joined: 24 Oct 2014, 00:33
Gender: Male

Days off in lieu...

Post by Sir Henry »

I'm in the same boat, stiffed other a good Friday as a day off and I have to wait until next year to get it back?
I take it this is a case of 'we have always done it like this'. We can carry up to five days over to the next year IF AGREED? Can I ask for it before they bang it on the end of a week I didn't ask for in January next year?
Edit: no provision for asking for it at another time except during the same week or getting the cash. Arse.
"A third of the world's farmland is now useless due to soil degradation, yet we still keep producing mouths to feed. And what's you answer to that? Energy saving lightbulbs?"