ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Scanning 1pm Specials
-
Desperate_Dan
- Posts: 34
- Joined: 30 Sep 2013, 20:09
- Gender: Male
Scanning 1pm Specials
If you scan the barcode of a 1pm Special BEFORE 1pm but get it actually signed for and press 'DONE' AFTER 1pm, is it a failure or not?
Thanks in advance.
Thanks in advance.
-
bluealbert
- Posts: 176
- Joined: 09 Mar 2011, 16:13
- Gender: Male
Scanning 1pm Specials
Press Done ?? Different pda than me mate 
-
97gaz
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1023
- Joined: 17 Dec 2008, 10:15
- Gender: Male
-
datasaint
- Posts: 1541
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
- Gender: Male
Scanning 1pm Specials
Not so sure because if you scan a post box before the scheduled time and click 'yes' to proceed after the correct time it goes by the earlier time.97gaz wrote:yes. It will show up as a failure.Desperate_Dan wrote:If you scan the barcode of a 1pm Special BEFORE 1pm but get it actually signed for and press 'DONE' AFTER 1pm, is it a failure or not?
Thanks in advance.
-
dennis12
- Posts: 37
- Joined: 18 Jun 2013, 19:46
- Gender: Male
Scanning 1pm Specials
Yes a failure I believe a colleague at my office scanned one before 1pm but didn't click delivered until after 1pm due to the customer taking a while to get to door and I think if I remember correctly it showed as a failure.
-
toomuchcoke
- Posts: 309
- Joined: 05 Jun 2011, 18:15
- Gender: Male
Scanning 1pm Specials
It's the system's revenge for when I rolled up on a customers door at 13:05, didn't fill the time in on the piece of paper, got the customer's signature and then wrote 12:59 in as I walked back down their driveway!dennis12 wrote:Yes a failure I believe a colleague at my office scanned one before 1pm but didn't click delivered until after 1pm due to the customer taking a while to get to door and I think if I remember correctly it showed as a failure.
-
Bahia Feliz
- Posts: 1169
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 21:04
- Gender: Male
Scanning 1pm Specials
I 'zapped' a box at 08.51 once (9a.m time) pressed done just after 9 got told i'd done it early when I got back to the office!
-
97gaz
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1023
- Joined: 17 Dec 2008, 10:15
- Gender: Male
-
wannabeek
- Posts: 996
- Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 00:49
- Gender: Male
Scanning 1pm Specials
Yep. I rolled up at an elderly gent's door at 5mins to 1pm with a special once. (Was rescuing a newbie in a pickle) Just to be sure I scanned it as 'not delivered no answer' while I was waiting for him to come to the door so that the inevitable late scan when I finally got the PDA back off him wouldn't be a fail. Did I cheat? I think everybody was happy at the end of the day anyway.
-
IcanthelpthewayIam
- Posts: 4067
- Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
- Gender: Male
Scanning 1pm Specials
wannabeek wrote:Yep. I rolled up at an elderly gent's door at 5mins to 1pm with a special once. (Was rescuing a newbie in a pickle) Just to be sure I scanned it as 'not delivered no answer' while I was waiting for him to come to the door so that the inevitable late scan when I finally got the PDA back off him wouldn't be a fail. Did I cheat? I think everybody was happy at the end of the day anyway.
The customer may not have been happy about it, but because you fraudulently faked it we will never know, how about just doing the job properly next time? or if you think this sort of practice is ok then try and find a job that doesn't depend on the integrity of your colleagues
-
wannabeek
- Posts: 996
- Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 00:49
- Gender: Male
Scanning 1pm Specials
Woah! Been at the grumpy pills this evening? How was it fraud? Dude had several minutes to come to the door, so it was 'not delivered no answer' legitimately. He did eventually get to the door, chat about the weather and all sorts, work out how to sign for it and did so. I fail to see how anybody sending that item could see it as a fail. It was there on his doorstep by 1, the only reason I couldn't click 'done' by 1pm was was his age. Should I have 'done the job properly' and 739 the item as he toddled to the door , 'done the job properly' and hurried the old dude or 'done the job properly' and fail the special?
Last edited by wannabeek on 15 Mar 2016, 22:49, edited 1 time in total.
-
IcanthelpthewayIam
- Posts: 4067
- Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
- Gender: Male
Scanning 1pm Specials
you should have done the job properly knocked the door waited and then scanned when either he signed for it or you left the P739, if that was after 1 then so be it, it's fraud as the customer is legitimately due his postage cost back but you have hidden the fact from him by circumventing the correct procedurewannabeek wrote:Woah! Been at the grumpy pills this evening? How was it fraud? Dude had several minutes to come to the door, so it was 'not delivered no answer' legitimately. He did eventually get to the door, chat about the weather and all sorts, work out how to sign for it and did so. I fail to see how anybody sending that item could see it as a fail. It was there on his doorstep by 1, the only reason I couldn't click 'done' by 1pm was was his age. Should I have 'done the job properly' and 739 the item as he toddled to the door , 'done the job properly' and hurried the old dude or 'done the job properly' and fail the special?
-
wannabeek
- Posts: 996
- Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 00:49
- Gender: Male
Scanning 1pm Specials
Erm. How many minutes for someone to come to the door? Do you wait 5 mins for every attendance call? That is beyond the agreed time. Please do not accuse me of fraud or deception. That is not true. Every RM rule was followed and the old geezer got his packet. Happy days all round, so far as I can see.
i suppose according to your logic i should have done the job as per spec and carded the item before he got to the door. Poor old geezer. I'm glad you're not my postie.
i suppose according to your logic i should have done the job as per spec and carded the item before he got to the door. Poor old geezer. I'm glad you're not my postie.
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
Scanning 1pm Specials
I think scanning as not delivered is ok if someones taking an unreasonable amount of time to answer the door. It was the recipients fault that it would have "failed" not RMs who arrived at the delivery point in good time to successfully deliver the special before the contracted time.
-
plaguelift
- Posts: 133
- Joined: 19 Apr 2011, 06:16
- Gender: Male
Scanning 1pm Specials
Not true. It all goes by time of scan. I've delivered specials before 1pm and pressed the done button only to find out half an hour later when you need to scan a tracked parcel you find that you didnt press the done button (well you did, but our "state of the art" pda's didnt recognise your finger tap). It still goes through the system at the time you scanned the special, not when you hit the done button. Same with collection boxes. You cant scan a box early (8:51) then hit done after 9:00 and expect it to go through as after 9:00. It will go through the system at the time you scanned it.97gaz wrote:Collection and delivery are different. Collection goes by the time of scan and delivery goes by the time you complete the scan ie press done after signature.
Another point is scanning boxes. Every office should have route headers (barcodes) for box collections. These should be scanned before collections. It means you cant scan a box early as the pda will give you a warning that the box is being collected too early. You shouldnt have to ad hoc boxes any more and its up to your manager to sort this out.