
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
This Cat Does Not Want Your Stupid Mail
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
This Cat Does Not Want Your Stupid Mail

All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
mudmonster
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 107
- Joined: 28 Apr 2010, 15:32
- Gender: Male
This Cat Does Not Want Your Stupid Mail
Very funny until it rips your fingers

-
bluealbert
- Posts: 176
- Joined: 09 Mar 2011, 16:13
- Gender: Male
This Cat Does Not Want Your Stupid Mail
Got one of these on my round drawn blood twice but nobody gives a Fook 
-
postslippete
- Posts: 4194
- Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
- Gender: Male
This Cat Does Not Want Your Stupid Mail
Use your post slip peg!!
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
-
Decky Boy
- Posts: 440
- Joined: 22 May 2009, 10:00
- Gender: Male
This Cat Does Not Want Your Stupid Mail
I always have two pegs with me... one for delivery of the mail... and the other for if the cat wants a fight
... and they (them cats) always seem up for it
Unfortunately time constraints mean the fencing doesn't last forever... and I always have to run away. Cats are worse than Dogs...
-
bustedflush
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1493
- Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
- Gender: Male
This Cat Does Not Want Your Stupid Mail
It's only playing, if you look the paw has no claws out.
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
This Cat Does Not Want Your Stupid Mail
Indoor flap ! A set up
-
daveyeff
- Posts: 4699
- Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
- Gender: Male
This Cat Does Not Want Your Stupid Mail
a woman complained on my delivery that her mail was always folded went I posted it. I explained it was by using the post peg. because her letterbox has brushes inside and then another flap.....she still wasn't happy about her ''folded' mail. in the end she got a wall box fitted. all because she didn't like her mail folded.postslippete wrote:Use your post slip peg!!
-
Chewster
- Posts: 527
- Joined: 15 Jan 2016, 12:34
- Gender: Male
This Cat Does Not Want Your Stupid Mail
I've got a few people who have letterboxes that are too small for even a normal letter to get through unfolded (very old houses) and they still like to moan to me about folded mail every so often...Instead I think that they should be impressed that I manage to squeeze Next catalogues and the like in!daveyeff wrote:a woman complained on my delivery that her mail was always folded went I posted it. I explained it was by using the post peg. because her letterbox has brushes inside and then another flap.....she still wasn't happy about her ''folded' mail. in the end she got a wall box fitted. all because she didn't like her mail folded.postslippete wrote:Use your post slip peg!!
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
This Cat Does Not Want Your Stupid Mail
Those Bloody Vertical letterboxes are a Bugger!
I always roll the mail up like a sausage roll and stuff it through...... a couple of times people have come out for a moan. I just say, "Get a Proper Letter box, Preferably A4 size, and you wouldn't have a problem"! 
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
bustedflush
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1493
- Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
- Gender: Male
This Cat Does Not Want Your Stupid Mail
Yes, they are a huge PITA.Dorset Plodder wrote:Those Bloody Vertical letterboxes are a Bugger!I always roll the mail up like a sausage roll and stuff it through...... a couple of times people have come out for a moan. I just say, "Get a Proper Letter box, Preferably A4 size, and you wouldn't have a problem"!
The absolute WORST (aside from subterranean-ground level b*ggers) are the heavy black metal vertical ones in the big wooden doors on posh houses. Not only are they stupid, there's a bloody great knocker hiding the opening!
So almost impossible to deliver one-handed, you have to scrunch the mail up and then use a crowbar to move the 300 foot-pounds pressure spring back and quickly project the sausage of mail through before the thing snaps shut and guillotines the letters. All this while, with the other hand. you hold the knocker up. This then crashes down just as you get your delivering hand out of the way.
I mean, what halfwit designed them?? It's like putting a toilet in the back seat of a car. One woman actually moaned to me about hers, as every time something gets delivered it's crumpled and the knocker crashing back disturbs them. I agreed and next time I did the round she had a wall-box. Out of 5 houses in her road with similar stupidity, 4 now have a wall-box. The remaining one I take great pleasure in crushing the mail through. In fact, they may have got the message and got a box by now, as I haven't done it for a while.