ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Scanning every parcel
-
Jpro747
- Posts: 1342
- Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
- Gender: Male
Scanning every parcel
Heard a rumour that we will be reqired to scan every parcel in two weeks time, anyone else heard about this?
-
deltaforce
- Posts: 778
- Joined: 01 Jan 2009, 15:29
- Gender: Male
Scanning every parcel
Scanning every parcel is on the agenda. When? I'm not sure. My guess is when the new Pda has been rolled out fully.
-
UnhappyGremlin
- Posts: 2685
- Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
- Gender: Male
- Location: Hiding
Scanning every parcel
It is the long term aim of the company, to offer this as a service.
It is to keep up with our competitors, most of which already offer this service.
(Albeit, with the shitter other side of delivery, i.e. doorstepping, or as I see it, abandoning parcels in the locale of somebody's house. Which I hope RM never adopt).
As per usual, RM are very late to the party.
Though I expect we posties, and/or CWU, will be blamed.
It is to keep up with our competitors, most of which already offer this service.
(Albeit, with the shitter other side of delivery, i.e. doorstepping, or as I see it, abandoning parcels in the locale of somebody's house. Which I hope RM never adopt).
As per usual, RM are very late to the party.
Though I expect we posties, and/or CWU, will be blamed.
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.
-
Pathfinder
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 208
- Joined: 17 Aug 2015, 13:50
- Gender: Male
Scanning every parcel
Also heard this today!
-
worktotime
- Posts: 2866
- Joined: 14 May 2010, 20:47
- Gender: Male
Scanning every parcel
great more stuff to take back then ,
, even less chance to finish on time. well done to the cwu to agree to this. 
-
Chewster
- Posts: 527
- Joined: 15 Jan 2016, 12:34
- Gender: Male
Scanning every parcel
Well we've already got the Amazon delivery scanned (not tracked) which is a fair chunk of the packets, this is only the next logical step. I remember seeing it ages ago on work time learning, there's supposed to be some sort of finger scanning thing coming out? I'm afraid most of us were too busy asking the dom if he was gonna give us the finger and giggling like school girls to pay attention to the video
-
spen
- Posts: 531
- Joined: 18 Jan 2011, 19:53
- Gender: Male
Scanning every parcel
It was meant to start a couple of months ago but got cancelled,,, its now due to start some point in april
-
nickinoneck
- Posts: 110
- Joined: 20 Aug 2010, 15:37
- Gender: Male
Scanning every parcel
We were told it's going live the middle of April and to get into the habit of scanning everything now!
-
wannabeek
- Posts: 996
- Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 00:49
- Gender: Male
Scanning every parcel
I've been scanning every packet since the tech went live in December. Those weird square ones are in fact usually easier to zap than the usual straight line barcode and the same digits pop up on the gun when you do zap it.
Apparently different delivery info pops up when you zap those square barcodes with the office gun but I've not seen that.
Don't fancy writing out the code on an EPOD card tho for the 'square barcode only' ones when the print is blurred tho - some of them must be about 20 digits long, mostly all zeros and ones!
Apparently different delivery info pops up when you zap those square barcodes with the office gun but I've not seen that.
Don't fancy writing out the code on an EPOD card tho for the 'square barcode only' ones when the print is blurred tho - some of them must be about 20 digits long, mostly all zeros and ones!
Last edited by wannabeek on 14 Mar 2016, 20:16, edited 2 times in total.
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12189
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
Scanning every parcel
No chance in MCs, loads of parcels don't have any barcodes. Locally we've lost Amazon, as it's only a trickle of Amazon that we get through now
-
Surreypostie
- Posts: 999
- Joined: 04 Aug 2013, 21:05
- Gender: Male
Scanning every parcel
Why will you take more back? If it goes through the door you scan and deliver as you do now, won't be required to sign for it.worktotime wrote:great more stuff to take back then ,, even less chance to finish on time. well done to the cwu to agree to this.
-
wannabeek
- Posts: 996
- Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 00:49
- Gender: Male
Scanning every parcel
I don't think it's anything to do with packets in the mail centres. I think it's a scan only at the doorstep.
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12189
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
Scanning every parcel
It's supposed to be at every office (no matter what type) that they pass throughwannabeek wrote:I don't think it's anything to do with packets in the mail centres. I think it's a scan only at the doorstep.
-
PHARRY
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 327
- Joined: 04 Nov 2013, 17:56
- Gender: Male
Scanning every parcel
I wish Royalmail allowed doorsteppingUnhappyGremlin wrote:It is the long term aim of the company, to offer this as a service.
It is to keep up with our competitors, most of which already offer this service.
(Albeit, with the shitter other side of delivery, i.e. doorstepping, or as I see it, abandoning parcels in the locale of somebody's house. Which I hope RM never adopt).
As per usual, RM are very late to the party.
Though I expect we posties, and/or CWU, will be blamed.
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Scanning every parcel
We have Pharry.... It's called "Leaving it in a SAFE PLACE..... It's just not literally on the Doorstep!PHARRY wrote:
I wish Royalmail allowed doorstepping
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)