When folk go on preplanned annual leave for 2-3weeks.
Is it acceptable practice to lapse their duty for the entirety of their absence ,reason being we can't cover it so it's absorption.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Absorption/lapsing
-
nickbsmooth
- Posts: 279
- Joined: 25 Jan 2013, 14:19
- Gender: Male
- Location: South East
-
Creditshampoo
- Posts: 1189
- Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
- Gender: Male
Absorption/lapsing
They can lapse what they want
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Absorption/lapsing
Yes as creditshampoo says they can try to lapse every walk in the office they wany, and people are coming in early or foregoing their breaks will certainly help them achieve it. However, whatever tactics they use, they cannot force you to work unpaid or to do overtime. Okay they may put pressure on you, and its not fair but the decision to be strong and stick to your guns, or to try and get through the day with as little grief as possible is, ultimately, up to the individual.nickbsmooth wrote:When folk go on preplanned annual leave for 2-3weeks.
Is it acceptable practice to lapse their duty for the entirety of their absence ,reason being we can't cover it so it's absorption.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Surreypostie
- Posts: 999
- Joined: 04 Aug 2013, 21:05
- Gender: Male
Absorption/lapsing
Agreed, I don't have aproblem with lapsing personally, if I have time to do it, fine, the union want you to work all paid hours, if I don't, it gets left. If they insist we do it 1st, we leave our own duties behind instead. You also get told, it will be there tomorrow, standard reply, fine, if I have time I will do it tomorrow.
-
Chewster
- Posts: 527
- Joined: 15 Jan 2016, 12:34
- Gender: Male
Absorption/lapsing
In our office there are only two duties that we "officially" lapse. If people are off sick, then we end up with other duties that nobody is on, and the doms will only ask those of us who are happy to do loads of overtime if we want to either take a bit of it or do the whole duty on top of our own. Around new year we regularly had several duties off, and even the doms themselves were going out with bits of it. Other times, it wouldn't get done at all and I'd find myself on a duty one morning that already has two days worth of mail in the frame