ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Rubbish hours
-
Chewster
- Posts: 527
- Joined: 15 Jan 2016, 12:34
- Gender: Male
Rubbish hours
The duty I'm on (not signed onto though) has been changed from a full time to a part time duty (27.5 hours to be exact). So now all indoor work is done for me, and I just come in, pack up and go. I can't pretend that I don't appreciate having less work to do, but I really want as many hours as possible (houses are expensive apparently) and the DOMs know that. I have asked to be moved onto a full time duty, but it seems it'll have to wait till new staff come in, which I'd guess won't be till April. My contract is only 20 hours so I guess they aren't obligated to give me anything over that if they don't want to. I'm also the only part timer who know this duty. Do I have any sort of way to get what I want here or will I just have to make do with what I can get for now?
-
motherhubbard
- Posts: 1001
- Joined: 08 Feb 2010, 17:13
- Gender: Female
- Location: in the cupboard
Rubbish hours
by Chewster » Today, 16:42
As for taking shortcuts, go for it,
On the one hand you brag about cutting the job up, and on the other you complain about your rubbish hours?
Really?
As for taking shortcuts, go for it,
On the one hand you brag about cutting the job up, and on the other you complain about your rubbish hours?
Really?
Never let the hand you hold, hold you down.
-
GT85
- Posts: 365
- Joined: 26 Nov 2013, 20:02
- Gender: Male
- Location: ASDO
Rubbish hours
And this is the time of year that Doms are desperately trying to save money to meet their bonus targets. Normally the first thing they will do is cut o/t by having part timers come in at their correct start times.My contract is only 20 hours so I guess they aren't obligated to give me anything over that if they don't want to
We're all here because we're not all there
-
IcanthelpthewayIam
- Posts: 4067
- Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
- Gender: Male
Rubbish hours
Is there any vacant full time positions at your do?
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
Rubbish hours
come on chewster in one post your contract is 24 hours and in another post its 20 hours 
-
Chewster
- Posts: 527
- Joined: 15 Jan 2016, 12:34
- Gender: Male
Rubbish hours
motherhubbard, I really wouldn't say I was "bragging" about anything, and I've just pointed out on that thread that even with all the "shortcuts," I was taking the time I was expected to take. I don't do anything that I've not been advised to do by other posties, and even the doms have quietly acknowledged that it can be useful to leave parcels behind, a stand in dom from another office even telling us it's alright to leave SPECIALS if "we don't get caught" !!
zx135, there are, but there's a fairly long queue of people due to get one before me. We've got people who have been on part time contracts (but doing full time work) for years so I'm far down the priority list to receive one.
aiden01, sorry, just noticed that mistake as well. It's actually a 20 hour contract, definitely not 24!!
Thought that might be the case GT85
zx135, there are, but there's a fairly long queue of people due to get one before me. We've got people who have been on part time contracts (but doing full time work) for years so I'm far down the priority list to receive one.
aiden01, sorry, just noticed that mistake as well. It's actually a 20 hour contract, definitely not 24!!
Thought that might be the case GT85
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
Rubbish hours
in the same way its alright to rob a bank.....Chewster wrote: a stand in dom from another office even telling us it's alright to leave SPECIALS if "we don't get caught" !!
-
Chewster
- Posts: 527
- Joined: 15 Jan 2016, 12:34
- Gender: Male
Rubbish hours
Perhaps not quite the same league lol...Not that I leave specials, even for the customers who I leave other stuff for. And also interesting to note that particular manager hasn't been back in a while hmmmmmmPostie45 wrote:in the same way its alright to rob a bank.....Chewster wrote: a stand in dom from another office even telling us it's alright to leave SPECIALS if "we don't get caught" !!
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
Rubbish hours
I wonder whyChewster wrote:Perhaps not quite the same league lol...Not that I leave specials, even for the customers who I leave other stuff for. And also interesting to note that particular manager hasn't been back in a while hmmmmmmPostie45 wrote:in the same way its alright to rob a bank.....Chewster wrote: a stand in dom from another office even telling us it's alright to leave SPECIALS if "we don't get caught" !!
-
IloveMYredTROLLEY!
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1923
- Joined: 02 Apr 2010, 06:54
- Gender: Male
Rubbish hours
As I wrote in a recent thread...motherhubbard wrote:by Chewster » Today, 16:42
As for taking shortcuts, go for it,
On the one hand you brag about cutting the job up, and on the other you complain about your rubbish hours?
Really?
I find it ironic how the people who want and/or need overtime tend to often be the ones who cut the job up most. Follow rules, duty takes longer, extra pay from own duty if go past duty finish time.
-
weary_posty
- Posts: 225
- Joined: 01 Jul 2011, 15:08
- Gender: Male
Rubbish hours
Precisely. A lot of PT are quick to moan at the FT employees, but this scenario happens a lot at my DO.IloveMYredTROLLEY! wrote:As I wrote in a recent thread...motherhubbard wrote:by Chewster » Today, 16:42
As for taking shortcuts, go for it,
On the one hand you brag about cutting the job up, and on the other you complain about your rubbish hours?
Really?
I find it ironic how the people who want and/or need overtime tend to often be the ones who cut the job up most. Follow rules, duty takes longer, extra pay from own duty if go past duty finish time.
-
Decky Boy
- Posts: 440
- Joined: 22 May 2009, 10:00
- Gender: Male
Rubbish hours
A perennial problem my friend https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-_oApLKTqg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;Chewster wrote: Do I have any sort of way to get what I want here or will I just have to make do with what I can get for now?
-
Chewster
- Posts: 527
- Joined: 15 Jan 2016, 12:34
- Gender: Male
Rubbish hours
We tend to cut the job up more so that we don't get moaned at for taking too long. Mind you, I find myself cutting it a lot less now that I've only got 27.5 ish hours...and find myself actually finishing within the time! Surprised me that did.weary_posty wrote:Precisely. A lot of PT are quick to moan at the FT employees, but this scenario happens a lot at my DO.IloveMYredTROLLEY! wrote:As I wrote in a recent thread...motherhubbard wrote:by Chewster » Today, 16:42
As for taking shortcuts, go for it,
On the one hand you brag about cutting the job up, and on the other you complain about your rubbish hours?
Really?
I find it ironic how the people who want and/or need overtime tend to often be the ones who cut the job up most. Follow rules, duty takes longer, extra pay from own duty if go past duty finish time.
In our office us part timers tend to moan about the full timers because they're getting paid their full 7.48 whether they work that much or not. There's a few that only really end up doing 6-7 hours a day and still get paid their 7.48 for it. So in our office, it's most of the full timers that cut up more than the part timers! But I know that doesn't apply to all offices, I've heard from people in some other offices that full timers will be made to do more lapsing or to even do some cleaning if they finish before their time.
-
rambo1
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
- Gender: Male
Rubbish hours
How on earth are full timers getting done an hr early? Your office needs sorting out. You obviously have too many staff, send some over our way to do all the cutt offs and lapsing would ya.
-
mancpat
- Posts: 85
- Joined: 09 Feb 2010, 12:36
- Gender: Male
Rubbish hours
We have plenty of full time staff who finish an hour early and love that they get an hour of royal mail every day.rambo1 wrote:How on earth are full timers getting done an hr early? Your office needs sorting out. You obviously have too many staff, send some over our way to do all the cutt offs and lapsing would ya.
BUT they come on 30min early, don't take breaks and do lapsing every day (which has now increased because they have an hour on their shift)
Now go and do the maths and tell me who's having the real laugh there.