ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

I'm off. 14 years of service now officially over

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
paulthepostie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 123
Joined: 06 Nov 2009, 18:43
Gender: Male

I'm off. 14 years of service now officially over

Post by paulthepostie »

After 14 years of service and persistent plantar problems and unable to do the job anymore, I'm now officially leaving on IHR. I'm just awaiting payment details.

I can't say I'm going to miss Royal Mail as it has become a horrible place to work for in the last few years, and i feel the constant need for them to push and push people and treat them badly is only going to cause them more problems in the long run, and the reason why I'm in the position I'm in.

After 15 years of fixing and building computers I'm going to pay for server and network certs and hopefully at the end of it get a start in an i.t career, otherwise I'm stuffed, especially at 36 haha.

Seriously though i want to give a massive thank you to you all on this site for your help over the years, especially postman and trueblueterrier!. :Very Happy

Guys don't let Royal Mail grind you down and i seriously hope things improve for the future i really do, because we all deserve to be treated liked human beings and not machines!.

All the best guys!!

Paul the postie
greengiant
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1268
Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
Gender: Male

I'm off. 14 years of service now officially over

Post by greengiant »

Good luck for the future mate! Well done on reaching 14 years of service - I'll be 50 if I reach 14 years service, in 12 years time! :shock: Already had one bout of knee surgery though...

Anyway, best of luck!
DB1100
Posts: 1976
Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30

I'm off. 14 years of service now officially over

Post by DB1100 »

Good luck pal.
For we were soldiers once,and young
postman nel
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 122
Joined: 24 Apr 2013, 15:31
Gender: Male

I'm off. 14 years of service now officially over

Post by postman nel »

paulthepostie wrote:After 14 years of service and persistent plantar problems and unable to do the job anymore, I'm now officially leaving on IHR. I'm just awaiting payment details.

I can't say I'm going to miss Royal Mail as it has become a horrible place to work for in the last few years, and i feel the constant need for them to push and push people and treat them badly is only going to cause them more problems in the long run, and the reason why I'm in the position I'm in.

After 15 years of fixing and building computers I'm going to pay for server and network certs and hopefully at the end of it get a start in an i.t career, otherwise I'm stuffed, especially at 36 haha.

Seriously though i want to give a massive thank you to you all on this site for your help over the years, especially postman and trueblueterrier!. :Very Happy

Guys don't let Royal Mail grind you down and i seriously hope things improve for the future i really do, because we all deserve to be treated liked human beings and not machines!.

All the best guys!!

Paul the postie
Took IHR a couple of years back after 13 years ..miss the crack with the lads but I don't feel tired all the time now and because I don't work weekends I've got my social life back ..enjoy :Applause
malcolm3011
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 303
Joined: 05 Aug 2010, 18:42
Gender: Male

I'm off. 14 years of service now officially over

Post by malcolm3011 »

Left Rm on VR last April and have never been happier, do miss the banter though and meet up with my old workmates occasionally and they are all moaning about how bad the job is getting now so don't blame anyone for moving on, anyway good luck for the future Paul. :thumbup
grumpyme
Posts: 16
Joined: 25 Feb 2016, 16:25
Gender: Male

I'm off. 14 years of service now officially over

Post by grumpyme »

Best of luck for the future :thumbup
simply_the_best
Posts: 594
Joined: 24 Sep 2007, 10:29

I'm off. 14 years of service now officially over

Post by simply_the_best »

I've been in 14 years now, last 5 on rural deliveries, I couldn't do a walk these days, it'd cripple me :evil/mad


Best of luck mate :thumbup
paulthepostie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 123
Joined: 06 Nov 2009, 18:43
Gender: Male

I'm off. 14 years of service now officially over

Post by paulthepostie »

Thanks guys!.

I'm just waiting to hear from my dom but the oh assist doctor said there is nothing else we can do. I'm bricking it at the prospect of being unemployed for a little while, but there is no way i can continue with the job anymore.

After All the battles we have all been through mentally and physically over the last few years, i hope you all come out the other side treated with better respect. This business would be nothing without us guys!.
borgpicard
Posts: 486
Joined: 05 May 2011, 22:45
Gender: Male

I'm off. 14 years of service now officially over

Post by borgpicard »

Good luck, in your future.
postiewhite
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 619
Joined: 23 Jul 2013, 18:38
Gender: Male

I'm off. 14 years of service now officially over

Post by postiewhite »

Ive been with Rm for 3 yrs and already feel knackered some days and at weekends I cant stay up longer than midnight which is normally unusual for me. Im still a reserve and if im still a reserve in 3 more years then im off. Sick of being shafted and not knowing my days off until the saturday before. Its not bad hourly rate compared to a lot of unskilled jobs but the national hourly rate wont be that far behind in 3 yrs.
oscar
Posts: 50
Joined: 07 Aug 2007, 18:41
Location: bonnie scotland

I'm off. 14 years of service now officially over

Post by oscar »

Left after 20 years never been happier just need the baws to get up n go ...
YOU CAN KILL THE PROTESTER....BUT YOU CANT KILL THE PROTEST

CARLO GIULIANI R.I.P
deristrong
Posts: 195
Joined: 15 Nov 2013, 09:28
Gender: Male

I'm off. 14 years of service now officially over

Post by deristrong »

postiewhite wrote:Ive been with Rm for 3 yrs and already feel knackered some days and at weekends I cant stay up longer than midnight which is normally unusual for me. Im still a reserve and if im still a reserve in 3 more years then im off. Sick of being shafted and not knowing my days off until the saturday before. Its not bad hourly rate compared to a lot of unskilled jobs but the national hourly rate wont be that far behind in 3 yrs.
Midnight?!! I rarely make Match of the Day on Saturdays (I get up and watch it Sunday morning)
JeremyFisher
Posts: 16
Joined: 07 Mar 2016, 14:10
Gender: Male

I'm off. 14 years of service now officially over

Post by JeremyFisher »

Good luck with the future, it's my fourteenth year this year and it'll be my last, I'm just coping with the job now, started getting new pains recently and I have a fear they'll develop into life long problems if I don't get out now.

Starting a new training course in 2 weeks and should be gone within 3 months fingers crossed
robbertwhitton
Posts: 1132
Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
Gender: Male

I'm off. 14 years of service now officially over

Post by robbertwhitton »

As ever I wish you well my friend,and echo the words re Royal Mail,it's forever changing this job,and after 35,years still love my rural round,and switch off to the red tape madness within management etc,it will destroy you if you let it,I think they are somewhat embarassed by it all.
Godric
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 855
Joined: 17 Oct 2009, 12:08
Gender: Male
Location: The Kingdom of Alba

I'm off. 14 years of service now officially over

Post by Godric »

good luck Paul I've been doing the job for nearly 27 years the past 3 - to 4 years have been a killer with having to use a HCTi will be looking for a VR around 2020 ... I don't want to retire a cripple
"Vi har haft århundraden av kärlek och tillit till varandra."