ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

That's it I'm done!!!

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Gettingoutnow
Posts: 1
Joined: 24 Feb 2016, 22:30
Gender: Male

That's it I'm done!!!

Post by Gettingoutnow »

After being in the business for less than six months, oct 15, i have a new job and cannot wait to leave the rm. just a few reasons the job I shite!.... 20 hour contract stretched over 6 days, 8:30-2.30 and overtime never paid, usually give me mon tue or mon wed off never a Saturday! They haven't paid me on 3 different occasions, Dom stated that they would "attempt an advance" this didn't happen. I was given a holiday sheet and told to select my second part of holidays, there was no selection to it! there was only 2 weeks remaining in no time that suited any family or friends, a holiday I had requested had been declined as someone's first pick was taken and they get priority and I should "cancel my stag doo"! The managers treat you like cattle, no care of welfare etc, as long as they get what keeps the pressure off them they are happy, and the amount of bullshit that comes with the job is unimaginable. Thankfully I'm out of the rm what a s**t experience! Do not take a job with the rm if your about to!!!
Whysoslowyehcfc
Posts: 238
Joined: 02 Apr 2014, 15:57
Gender: Male

That's it I'm done!!!

Post by Whysoslowyehcfc »

Gettingoutnow wrote:After being in the business for less than six months, oct 15, i have a new job and cannot wait to leave the rm. just a few reasons the job I shite!.... 20 hour contract stretched over 6 days, 8:30-2.30 and overtime never paid, usually give me mon tue or mon wed off never a Saturday! They haven't paid me on 3 different occasions, Dom stated that they would "attempt an advance" this didn't happen. I was given a holiday sheet and told to select my second part of holidays, there was no selection to it! there was only 2 weeks remaining in no time that suited any family or friends, a holiday I had requested had been declined as someone's first pick was taken and they get priority and I should "cancel my stag doo"! The managers treat you like cattle, no care of welfare etc, as long as they get what keeps the pressure off them they are happy, and the amount of bullshit that comes with the job is unimaginable. Thankfully I'm out of the rm what a s**t experience! Do not take a job with the rm if your about to!!!
Well said and good luck in your new job
It's a shame that all those people who don't know the job are quick to slag off the postman when we go on strike..
All they say is 'sack them all, there's plenty of people who would love to have that job..'
Well it's not as easy as some believe
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32794
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

That's it I'm done!!!

Post by POSTMAN »

Sorry to hear it all mate,it does seem the norm for many.
Any chance you could inform our leaders justsayit@royalmail.com
The more they get they......well you never know.....they make get a conscience.(Off for me meds now,nite)
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
pants123

That's it I'm done!!!

Post by pants123 »

POSTMAN wrote:Sorry to hear it all mate,it does seem the norm for many.
Any chance you could inform our leaders justsayit@royalmail.com
The more they get they......well you never know.....they make get a conscience.(Off for me meds now,nite)
Whats the point of just say it to moya.. she and her cronies clearly are not interested in the rediculous work loads non payment of overtime and the bullying by mangers on staff....

Money is all they see... profit... more money... at the sacrifice of delivery staff.... just pure evil...

Just had a letter... employee survey will be on its way....

They really are off there t i t s... morons...

Why do they send c r a p out... when they have no intention of improving crippling mental health in delivery....
Borusa1976
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 29
Joined: 01 Nov 2013, 16:08
Gender: Male

That's it I'm done!!!

Post by Borusa1976 »

Postman I did try with the justsayit - about three/four weeks ago - never heard anything back.

So like the above - still thinking of leaving - not that I want to leave but that I'm being pushed out....
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

That's it I'm done!!!

Post by Dorset Plodder »

I wish good luck to any Posties that have had enough and decide to leave! :Applause I feel sorry for any Posties that have been in the Business so long (and invested too many years) that it's impractical to leave! :sad:

I don't know if the continual loss of staff, and the difficulty of recruiting, will have any impact on the way these Dickheads run the business.....I doubt it! :cuppa
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
rubberbond
Posts: 1497
Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
Gender: Male

That's it I'm done!!!

Post by rubberbond »

Dorset Plodder wrote:I wish good luck to any Posties that have had enough and decide to leave! :Applause I feel sorry for any Posties that have been in the Business so long (and invested too many years) that it's impractical to leave! :sad:

I don't know if the continual loss of staff, and the difficulty of recruiting, will have any impact on the way these Dickheads run the business.....I doubt it! :cuppa
You seem to have forgotten the lesson from last week's Courier, namely that "our strategy is working". So ,if it is in the Courier it must be true. Mustn't it?
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

That's it I'm done!!!

Post by Dorset Plodder »

I kept refusing the Courier for years and then they finally got the message and asked if I wanted to stop it! :crazy:

Got fed up of playing that game.... No I'm not going to read it, it just winds me up........ OK I'll just have a quick flick through...... BASTARD Now you've gone and wound me up again! :mad

Life's a lot less stressful now...... All I've got to do now is stop reading the Daily Mail (Only Joking)! :cool
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)