ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Petition
-
moggy56
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 25 Aug 2015, 16:08
- Gender: Male
Petition
https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/123543" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I’ve made a petition – will you sign it?
Click this link to sign the petition:
https://petition.parliament.uk/petition ... QOLAoP6VcC" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
My petition:
Reduce the retirement age for workers in physical jobs.
In physical jobs people's bodies don't last to the new and ever increasing retirement age. Builders, postmen, farm workers are just a few examples. In my Job (postal industry) workers have worn out joints and limbs after a relitvly short time in the industry. Some will retire almost crippled.
Click this link to sign the petition:
https://petition.parliament.uk/petition ... QOLAoP6VcC" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I’ve made a petition – will you sign it?
Click this link to sign the petition:
https://petition.parliament.uk/petition ... QOLAoP6VcC" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
My petition:
Reduce the retirement age for workers in physical jobs.
In physical jobs people's bodies don't last to the new and ever increasing retirement age. Builders, postmen, farm workers are just a few examples. In my Job (postal industry) workers have worn out joints and limbs after a relitvly short time in the industry. Some will retire almost crippled.
Click this link to sign the petition:
https://petition.parliament.uk/petition ... QOLAoP6VcC" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
-
GRS
- Posts: 826
- Joined: 15 Jun 2015, 18:38
- Gender: Female
- Location: South West
Petition
Signed. Surely it could get to the 100,000 signatures needed when you think how many postman there are let alone other workers in physical jobs plus their families. Need those with Facebook accounts etc to link it on social media to get it noticed.
-
jetblack
- Posts: 974
- Joined: 15 Apr 2011, 12:54
- Gender: Male
Petition
Signed.
This ties into what I was saying in this thread :- http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... 27&t=73603" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
This ties into what I was saying in this thread :- http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... 27&t=73603" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Good security means trying to limit the damage a Trusted role can do
-
jetblack
- Posts: 974
- Joined: 15 Apr 2011, 12:54
- Gender: Male
Petition
You are right - but thats a seperate issue to the OP.norm wrote: Royal Mail should be paying more into our pensions to enable us to retire earlier. Or providing easier jobs/duties to those over 60.
The OP is about state pension age - thats how I read it anyhow - and how increasing it carte blanche is unfair to certain members of the working population. I think its absolutely spot on. Why should my state pension start at 67 when I can only expect to live till 73 ? 6 years with knackered knees I might add.
That is what is known as a "bum deal".
Good security means trying to limit the damage a Trusted role can do
-
yellowbelly
- Posts: 3725
- Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
- Gender: Male
Petition
Agree, as I'm of the same age group but playing Devil's advocate here: Why shouldn't it?jetblack wrote:
Why should my state pension start at 67 when I can only expect to live till 73 ? 6 years with knackered knees I might add.
That is what is known as a "bum deal".
http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfre ... ge-problem
Yes, we've all been paying NI contributions (a tax in all but name) or whatever other random taxes the Government of the day fleeces
us for, but the workers of the day have always been paying for the pensions of the current pensioners. When
the State Pension started I don't believe there was an existing pot of money just waiting to be spent on pensions, it
had to come from current workers. On average we're all living longer and we're told that the country can't afford
to pay State Pension to more people who are all living longer......looks like the baby boomers were the lucky ones....
Today's youngsters won't have a state pension or if there is one it will be worth naff all and they'll probably have to live to 80 to get it.....
YB
-
motherhubbard
- Posts: 1001
- Joined: 08 Feb 2010, 17:13
- Gender: Female
- Location: in the cupboard
Petition
That is highly unlikely given that it is probably the stupidest petition in the history of petitions.tyl wrote:signed
hopefully cwu hq may push this
Never let the hand you hold, hold you down.