ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Notice Period
-
Foster91
- Posts: 2
- Joined: 13 Dec 2015, 20:29
- Gender: Male
Notice Period
Hello
Sorry to start another topic about notice periods. But all the older topics state that a Postman's notice period is one week, however my contract quite clearly states four weeks.
''Sec 13.2 - If you wish to leave Royal Mail employment you must give four week's notice if weekly paid or one month's notice if monthly paid. Royal Mail may waive this notice either in whole or part.''
I was issued the contract in November 2015. I'm going to ask my manager tomorrow to confirm, but just thought it strange how every post on here seems to give it as one week. Is four weeks the official stance but in practice it's one week?
Sorry to start another topic about notice periods. But all the older topics state that a Postman's notice period is one week, however my contract quite clearly states four weeks.
''Sec 13.2 - If you wish to leave Royal Mail employment you must give four week's notice if weekly paid or one month's notice if monthly paid. Royal Mail may waive this notice either in whole or part.''
I was issued the contract in November 2015. I'm going to ask my manager tomorrow to confirm, but just thought it strange how every post on here seems to give it as one week. Is four weeks the official stance but in practice it's one week?
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Notice Period
Are you paid monthly or weekly.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Notice Period
My own contract states 1 week so it might have changed since.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Notice Period
If you get paid weekly should only be a weeks notice are RM expecting posties to not work for three weeks without wages seams like modern day slavery too me I would ignore that part of your contract and go to your new job.Foster91 wrote:Hello
Sorry to start another topic about notice periods. But all the older topics state that a Postman's notice period is one week, however my contract quite clearly states four weeks.
''Sec 13.2 - If you wish to leave Royal Mail employment you must give four week's notice if weekly paid or one month's notice if monthly paid. Royal Mail may waive this notice either in whole or part.''
I was issued the contract in November 2015. I'm going to ask my manager tomorrow to confirm, but just thought it strange how every post on here seems to give it as one week. Is four weeks the official stance but in practice it's one week?
-
Foster91
- Posts: 2
- Joined: 13 Dec 2015, 20:29
- Gender: Male
Notice Period
I get paid weekly. Just a standard postie
. Thanks for the information guys!
-
Altrider
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 81
- Joined: 12 Feb 2013, 17:29
- Gender: Male
Notice Period
! week...That's all I gave.
And that's why I'm now happier bunny.
Good luck in the big, bad world. There is life after Royal Mail!
And that's why I'm now happier bunny.
-
meercat
- Posts: 814
- Joined: 21 Apr 2010, 16:15
- Gender: Male
Notice Period
Foster91 wrote:Hello
Sorry to start another topic about notice periods. But all the older topics state that a Postman's notice period is one week, however my contract quite clearly states four weeks.
''Sec 13.2 - If you wish to leave Royal Mail employment you must give four week's notice if weekly paid or one month's notice if monthly paid. Royal Mail may waive this notice either in whole or part.''
I was issued the contract in November 2015. I'm going to ask my manager tomorrow to confirm, but just thought it strange how every post on here seems to give it as one week. Is four weeks the official stance but in practice it's one week?
Errr that is the same period - there are only four weeks IN a month!!
That must be a typo in your contract - they obviously meant one weeks notice.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Notice Period
It might not be a typo. In contract law One month and four weeks are different.
If I handed my notice in today the 2 different dates would be:
One month: 3 Apr 2016
4 Weeks: 31 March 2016
Its only 4 days but.............
If I handed my notice in today the 2 different dates would be:
One month: 3 Apr 2016
4 Weeks: 31 March 2016
Its only 4 days but.............
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
letter9812
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 20 Dec 2016, 21:06
- Gender: Female
Notice Period
Hello,
Did you ever get an answer to this? As my contract states the same; four weeks if paid weekly or a month if paid monthly. Since working at RM ive seen a few people come and go and they all only seem to give a weeks notice.
Thanks
Did you ever get an answer to this? As my contract states the same; four weeks if paid weekly or a month if paid monthly. Since working at RM ive seen a few people come and go and they all only seem to give a weeks notice.
Thanks
-
Newbie001
- Posts: 474
- Joined: 30 May 2014, 17:29
- Gender: Male
Notice Period
4 weeks notice is fairly new and applies to newer contracts. Most existing staff only have to give 1 weeks notice.
-
Listonosz
- Posts: 49
- Joined: 11 Feb 2009, 20:21
- Gender: Male
Notice Period
Let's say it's four weeks notice but you only give a weeks notice, what they gonna do, sack ya? I'd just give them a weeks notice
-
Stewface
- Posts: 47
- Joined: 01 Feb 2015, 18:12
- Gender: Male
Notice Period
I got my contract 28th July 2015, and sec 13.2 states 1 week if paid weekly.
''Sec 13.2 - If you wish to leave Royal Mail employment you must give 1 week notice if weekly paid or one month's notice if monthly paid. Royal Mail may waive this notice either in whole or part.''
''Sec 13.2 - If you wish to leave Royal Mail employment you must give 1 week notice if weekly paid or one month's notice if monthly paid. Royal Mail may waive this notice either in whole or part.''
-
UsernameAlreadyInUse
- Posts: 29
- Joined: 06 Jul 2015, 00:10
- Gender: Female
Notice Period
The contracts were changed towards the end of 2015. It used to be one week's notice but for those who have joined since the end of 2015, it's four weeks.
-
woopesh
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 230
- Joined: 30 Dec 2015, 22:02
- Gender: Male
Notice Period
They could shaft you regarding references.Listonosz wrote:Let's say it's four weeks notice but you only give a weeks notice, what they gonna do, sack ya? I'd just give them a weeks notice
-
Northblue82
- Posts: 26
- Joined: 28 Sep 2015, 19:01
- Gender: Male
Notice Period
Handed mine in last week and go on Friday.