Hi,
Could one of you kind posties please help me figure out if I've been paid the correct overtime rates?
My contract is for 25 hours. I worked 40.5 last week, including my day off.
This is how my payslip looks:
Basic Pay 25 £221.11
Delivery Supplement £14.28
Weekday OT1 1st 10 Hrs 1.30 £15.28
Weekday Overtime @ SSPR 14 £131.82
What does OT1 1st 10 hours mean? What does weekday overtime @ SSPR mean? Have I been paid the correct rate for working my day off?
Thanks.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Overtime rates
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Overtime rates
Yes you have been paid correctly.amco37 wrote:Hi,
Could one of you kind posties please help me figure out if I've been paid the correct overtime rates?
My contract is for 25 hours. I worked 40.5 last week, including my day off.
This is how my payslip looks:
Basic Pay 25 £221.11
Delivery Supplement £14.28
Weekday OT1 1st 10 Hrs 1.30 £15.28
Weekday Overtime @ SSPR 14 £131.82
What does OT1 1st 10 hours mean? What does weekday overtime @ SSPR mean? Have I been paid the correct rate for working my day off?
Thanks.
Weekday Overtime @ SSPR = Ovetime between contracted hours and 39 (what a FT does) which includes a payment to cover the Del Sup for those hours.
(SSPR could mean Specific Supplement Pay Rate)
Weekday OT1 1st 10 Hrs = overtime beyond 39 hours
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
amco37
- Posts: 48
- Joined: 27 Mar 2013, 11:40
- Gender: Female
Re: Overtime rates
Ah, I understand it now. Thanks. I was kinda hoping the overtime rate would be higher for working a day off. I even started at 6am that day...never again 
-
wa4jim
- Posts: 15
- Joined: 09 Feb 2016, 20:40
- Gender: Male
Overtime rates
Is there a document somewhere that lists all the different pay rates? My CoE just specifies my basic rate of pay.
-
ScousePostie
- Posts: 273
- Joined: 29 Jan 2015, 12:26
- Gender: Male
Overtime rates
I had one week before Christmas where I had:
'SSPR' - 14 hrs
OT1 1st 10 - 10 hrs
OT2 over 10 - 2.30 hrs
Is it correct that over 10 hrs OT, the rate of pay is the usual hourly rate?
'SSPR' - 14 hrs
OT1 1st 10 - 10 hrs
OT2 over 10 - 2.30 hrs
Is it correct that over 10 hrs OT, the rate of pay is the usual hourly rate?
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Overtime rates
I don't think its exactly the same, but it is less than 39-49 hours.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.