ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
My bundle rubbish
-
eastie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2234
- Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
- Gender: Male
My bundle rubbish
What a pointless waste of money
Most people have already got most of this in place already which they can afford
Childcare vouchers make me laugh, they are going to make us work later and later and then want us to save money up to pay for childcare from our wages. If that's the case people will leave and get a job around their childcare.
Life insurance is covered anyway by RM and if you have a mortgage
Travel insurance ,well I can't get any time off work to have one
Health assessment is another one, what if they say your back is fooked you have dodgy shoulders , you need a cartilidige scrape are RM going to go by the health professionals or are they going to get their own team in to say you are fit for work?
Most people have already got most of this in place already which they can afford
Childcare vouchers make me laugh, they are going to make us work later and later and then want us to save money up to pay for childcare from our wages. If that's the case people will leave and get a job around their childcare.
Life insurance is covered anyway by RM and if you have a mortgage
Travel insurance ,well I can't get any time off work to have one
Health assessment is another one, what if they say your back is fooked you have dodgy shoulders , you need a cartilidige scrape are RM going to go by the health professionals or are they going to get their own team in to say you are fit for work?
-
datasaint
- Posts: 1541
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
- Gender: Male
My bundle rubbish
Seems to me while RM are offering these policies at a slightly reduced rate with possible tax savings through reduced NI, it's not totally disinterested on their part.
One of the policies offered was with a company called Canada Life, which is owned by a company called Great-West Lifeco, which Moya Greene just happens to be on the board of directors.
http://quotes.wsj.com/GWLIF/company-people" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I'll let you draw your own conclusions.

One of the policies offered was with a company called Canada Life, which is owned by a company called Great-West Lifeco, which Moya Greene just happens to be on the board of directors.
http://quotes.wsj.com/GWLIF/company-people" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I'll let you draw your own conclusions.
-
IcanthelpthewayIam
- Posts: 4067
- Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
- Gender: Male
My bundle rubbish
getting childcare vouchers like this is quite a large saving, you effectively get 20% discount on childcare when you get them through your employers like this, so it is actually a very good saving
-
deadbox
- Posts: 357
- Joined: 27 May 2007, 11:51
My bundle rubbish
Royal mail are doing this because they want employee's to think they are getting a great deal from a caring company, and as such you'll not ask for a decent basic pay rise
Nothing at all to do with the reduced TAX & NI cont. that THEY are not paying.
As for the childcare vouchers, cycle to work etc. these schemes are provided by the GOV. it's not like the company is footing the bill.
And as stated on the Zenith car leasing site, its touted as a way for company's to MAKE money ( by lowering the company's tax bill )
Most of these "Benifits" that your loving company provides are zero cost to them anyway and can be provided cheaper elsewhere.
I'm not saying that some people won't save some money from these schemes, I'm saying these scheme have been selected as a zero cost option to look like they care.
Nothing at all to do with the reduced TAX & NI cont. that THEY are not paying.
As for the childcare vouchers, cycle to work etc. these schemes are provided by the GOV. it's not like the company is footing the bill.
And as stated on the Zenith car leasing site, its touted as a way for company's to MAKE money ( by lowering the company's tax bill )
Most of these "Benifits" that your loving company provides are zero cost to them anyway and can be provided cheaper elsewhere.
I'm not saying that some people won't save some money from these schemes, I'm saying these scheme have been selected as a zero cost option to look like they care.
-
therailway
- Posts: 100
- Joined: 20 Feb 2009, 11:37
- Gender: Male
My bundle rubbish
I'm not totally sure but I think salary sacrifice effects DC pension contributions adversely as well. Cheers RM thanks but no thanks!
-
30+YEARMAN
- Posts: 253
- Joined: 25 Nov 2010, 17:46
- Gender: Male
My bundle rubbish
Mine went straight in the bin along with the latest Courier what load of absolute rubbish they keep sending 
-
saddlerposty
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 248
- Joined: 08 Mar 2010, 18:20
- Gender: Male
My bundle rubbish
As for "zenith" looked at their www out of curiosity and nowhere an I find details of the cars available. Another con ?
-
Judgee
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2262
- Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 15:18
My bundle rubbish
Think there will be a link to it on the site when the next tax year starts. Looked into this myself as I was considering leasing a vehicle.saddlerposty wrote:As for "zenith" looked at their www out of curiosity and nowhere an I find details of the cars available. Another con ?
Union what Union? Do we have a union?
-
RobertT
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 6694
- Joined: 09 Sep 2007, 14:26
- Gender: Male
My bundle rubbish
Anyone who is partaking in PSE is already doing salary sacrifice and members of the DC pension will be making a small weekly saving as a result!therailway wrote:I'm not totally sure but I think salary sacrifice effects DC pension contributions adversely as well. Cheers RM thanks but no thanks!
Leasing a car or paying for health insurance won’t change anything to do with your pension!
Links to all RM pension related websites are here
-
borgpicard
- Posts: 486
- Joined: 05 May 2011, 22:45
- Gender: Male
My bundle rubbish
Its all BOLL OCKS
-
dav1524
- Posts: 64
- Joined: 22 Aug 2010, 14:12
- Gender: Male
My bundle rubbish
Mine also went in the bin.30+YEARMAN wrote:Mine went straight in the bin along with the latest Courier what load of absolute rubbish they keep sending
-
smudge64
- Posts: 8
- Joined: 19 Jan 2012, 18:17
- Gender: Male
My bundle rubbish
My recycling bin is filling up with all this royal mail rubbish they keep sending..we will be getting all these "dont forget to fill in your survey" rubbish soon..
-
Robtor
- Posts: 104
- Joined: 11 Nov 2010, 11:25
- Gender: Male
My bundle rubbish
Actually there's plenty of reasonable deals in here for absolutely nothing, some of you really do repeat this same drivel no matter what.
I need to furnish an entire house, 7% off Ikea (furniture)? Thanks! 8% off Currys (fridge, freezer, cooker, washing machine) thanks! Potentially ok car leasing deals (a BIG maybe, we will see tomorrow), thanks! 40% off a lot of cinema's, thanks! Cheapish insurance policies? Thanks I'll take a look!
I don't really get how people can be so negative about free stuff.
I need to furnish an entire house, 7% off Ikea (furniture)? Thanks! 8% off Currys (fridge, freezer, cooker, washing machine) thanks! Potentially ok car leasing deals (a BIG maybe, we will see tomorrow), thanks! 40% off a lot of cinema's, thanks! Cheapish insurance policies? Thanks I'll take a look!
I don't really get how people can be so negative about free stuff.
-
Surreypostie
- Posts: 999
- Joined: 04 Aug 2013, 21:05
- Gender: Male
My bundle rubbish
I don't know where you found all this free stuff. It was a book offering all sorts of life insurance and travel insurance, virtually all linked to salary sacrifice which saves RM money in NI contributions and I assume they also get comission for flogging us the stuff. Mine went in the bin also.Robtor wrote:Actually there's plenty of reasonable deals in here for absolutely nothing, some of you really do repeat this same drivel no matter what.
I need to furnish an entire house, 7% off Ikea (furniture)? Thanks! 8% off Currys (fridge, freezer, cooker, washing machine) thanks! Potentially ok car leasing deals (a BIG maybe, we will see tomorrow), thanks! 40% off a lot of cinema's, thanks! Cheapish insurance policies? Thanks I'll take a look!
I don't really get how people can be so negative about free stuff.
There was a thing in the courier this month, I remember a bit that said, your reward, it's not only about the money. Dear RM, yes it is. If we didn't need the money, we wouldn't be here.
-
Robtor
- Posts: 104
- Joined: 11 Nov 2010, 11:25
- Gender: Male
My bundle rubbish
Oh I agree that these benefits and discounts shouldn't effect our pay, but that's a different matter. I'll happily take the freebies.
Details of the freebies are on the webpage that the booklet sends you to.
Details of the freebies are on the webpage that the booklet sends you to.