Hey there, I've recently started as a postman and I'm just about to go into my 3rd month in March. I was wondering if there was a specific period? Or can I transfer at any time? The age gap between me and my colleagues just seems to big so I feel somewhat isolated and taken advantage of.
I'm bound to make mistakes but I don't know, somehow I'm victimised for everything and the managers will tell the staff, next thing you know I walk in the next morning and have snarky comments coming towards me.
Anyways, can I transfer? I was told I can't this early in but things just aren't working out for me here and my managers arnt people I even want to approach on the matter.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Can I transfer?
-
Surreypostie
- Posts: 999
- Joined: 04 Aug 2013, 21:05
- Gender: Male
Can I transfer?
I think you have to be in the job for 6 months, have you spoken to your rep about the other issues?
-
GT85
- Posts: 365
- Joined: 26 Nov 2013, 20:02
- Gender: Male
- Location: ASDO
Can I transfer?
As above should be 6 months but can be done quicker it appears as in this thread ...http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... er#p724405
You need the other DO to have a vacancy obviously and the managers to be co-operative.
More importantly you should speak to your rep about sorting the other issues out asap,you need a thick skin in this job and although a bit of banter is to be expected, especially as the new guy, it is easy for it to be taken the wrong way or go too far.
Good luck, hope you get it sorted.
You need the other DO to have a vacancy obviously and the managers to be co-operative.
More importantly you should speak to your rep about sorting the other issues out asap,you need a thick skin in this job and although a bit of banter is to be expected, especially as the new guy, it is easy for it to be taken the wrong way or go too far.
Good luck, hope you get it sorted.
We're all here because we're not all there
-
Shaders
- Posts: 218
- Joined: 22 Jun 2010, 07:47
- Gender: Male
- Location: Oop North
Can I transfer?
Yeh speak to your rep, make sure its in school term time otherwise they'll probably be on holiday
-
Fulpostie
- Posts: 29
- Joined: 18 Jan 2016, 17:31
- Gender: Male
Can I transfer?
Good luck on trying to get a transfer,twice accepted and twice taken away within 24 hours because of office revisions :(
-
JeremyFisher
- Posts: 16
- Joined: 07 Mar 2016, 14:10
- Gender: Male
Can I transfer?
My experience was utter crap, if you're permanent you can't get a transfer if the job you are trying to get is temporary (which they all are).
-
nickbsmooth
- Posts: 279
- Joined: 25 Jan 2013, 14:19
- Gender: Male
- Location: South East
Can I transfer?
Good luck i've been trying to transfer for 8yrs