ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Special delivery cockups
-
bigal383
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 492
- Joined: 11 Dec 2012, 16:20
- Gender: Male
Special delivery cockups
These things are getting daft the ones through dutsche post , always keep them in a separate box but they look identical too thee hundreds we get as normal packets been here for six year now ,if you lose one or post one through by mistake how do they handle this if you can't remember, let's face it it's a common mistake now but how does your office handle losing one or miss delivering one
-
GT85
- Posts: 365
- Joined: 26 Nov 2013, 20:02
- Gender: Male
- Location: ASDO
Special delivery cockups
As you say all the foreign ones look the same as any other packets, that's why I write on it when I get it out of the locker so I know what needs to be treated as a special and what doesn't.
We're all here because we're not all there
-
maninred
- Posts: 213
- Joined: 26 Nov 2010, 20:11
- Gender: Male
- Location: In trouble....again
Special delivery cockups
Any of these that I receive in a green bag I mark SPECIAL on them in a permanent marker. I helps the postmen when they get them from the RLE and me when I have to put them away if they come back!
-
simply_the_best
- Posts: 594
- Joined: 24 Sep 2007, 10:29
Special delivery cockups
We write the duty number on all specials after allocating them in the locker.
-
Surreypostie
- Posts: 999
- Joined: 04 Aug 2013, 21:05
- Gender: Male
Special delivery cockups
Scan everything, if it is accepted by the PDA, if it says sign, they sign, if it is ok to deliver then pop it through the box. We get items from the US that don't need to be signed for handed to us by the opg in the cage, general feeling is the mail centres put them through to up their figures.
-
Mezza
- Posts: 405
- Joined: 14 Sep 2007, 21:56
- Location: West London
Special delivery cockups
All items given to you by the RLE should be classed as Specials and kept seperate from the normal mail anyway.
As previously posted - if it has a barcode you should be scanning it regardless.
As far as the callers is concerned they are called international signed for items.
Also don't forget that the scan you undertake is part of a much bigger picture and helps towards our company profits - therefore your share dividend :-)
As previously posted - if it has a barcode you should be scanning it regardless.
As far as the callers is concerned they are called international signed for items.
Also don't forget that the scan you undertake is part of a much bigger picture and helps towards our company profits - therefore your share dividend :-)
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12189
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
Special delivery cockups
We get two types of foreign special, some come with a large white label, some with a red and white label, both types come through to MCs as specials and have to go through to DOs as specials. It's down to what reciprocal agreements RM has with the postal operators in other countriesSurreypostie wrote:general feeling is the mail centres put them through to up their figures.
-
dennis12
- Posts: 37
- Joined: 18 Jun 2013, 19:46
- Gender: Male
Special delivery cockups
Ii agree with what you say but how can something that may take weeks to arrive from some far off country possibly be time sensitive to 1pm.
-
maninred
- Posts: 213
- Joined: 26 Nov 2010, 20:11
- Gender: Male
- Location: In trouble....again
Special delivery cockups
The foreign one's aren't time sensitive.dennis12 wrote:Ii agree with what you say but how can something that may take weeks to arrive from some far off country possibly be time sensitive to 1pm.
-
nickbsmooth
- Posts: 279
- Joined: 25 Jan 2013, 14:19
- Gender: Male
- Location: South East
Special delivery cockups
I had a US one treat as a special,postage was $5 value of goods was apparently $15. I bet you couldn't get something sent to US with sign for special status for £3.50
-
Chewster
- Posts: 527
- Joined: 15 Jan 2016, 12:34
- Gender: Male
Special delivery cockups
To be honest, I normally don't treat the foreign ones as a special. I mark them as "special" purely so that I don't forget about them, but as far as I've been led to believe, they aren't time sensitive so they get delivered when they get delivered. The customer has probably been waiting the best part of a week for the item anyway, and they probably don't even know it's coming on that day at all!