ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Voluntary IHR timescale

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
al3xreid
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 11
Joined: 16 Sep 2011, 15:49
Gender: Male

Voluntary IHR timescale

Post by al3xreid »

I have recently put a form in for VIHR ,due to long term ongoing joint problems that are not getting any better.And feel the time is right for me to move on due to this.

I am currently signed off,and have been since December, when I had arthroscopic surgery.Which hasn't helped my ongoing issues.

I have now been reffered onto rheumatology to help with my ongoing issues.Where I'm due attend a clinic appointment in the next couple of weeks.Which will hopefully get to route of the problem,and help me out in the longterm.

I am still currently under the care of my GP,and in ongoing contact with OH Assist with regards to my health issues.And as far as OH Assist are concerned I do not currently meet IHR Criteria.Hence the reason putting in the form for VIHR.

Any advice on the timescale of VIHR would be much appreciated.
daveyeff
Posts: 4699
Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
Gender: Male

Voluntary IHR timescale

Post by daveyeff »

as far as i'm aware, the timescale was 9 months from date of detriment. i.e. if you went sick with joint problems and were off work and unable to go back or repeatedly going sick through an ongoing injury or ailment, they normally instigate IHR proceedings 9 months from the first instance. having said that, it is only when they are aware of the fact that this is going to be a permanent or very long term injury/ailment that you will not be getting any better or you are not going to improve from. and they cannot find you any other suitable work. that's the way it was put down to me anyway. but I had corrective surgery to remedy it.
Chelseablue
Posts: 2222
Joined: 19 Aug 2013, 14:33
Gender: Female

Voluntary IHR timescale

Post by Chelseablue »

How much Is ihr? Nr 20 yrs service
daveyeff
Posts: 4699
Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
Gender: Male

Voluntary IHR timescale

Post by daveyeff »

roughly 34 weeks pay and 12 weeks P.I.L.O.N.