ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

OH ASSIST

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Pacific
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 14
Joined: 20 Nov 2015, 16:50
Gender: Male

OH ASSIST

Post by Pacific »

Had another consultation with OH Assist about my long standing health issue. The equality act covers my condition and the company were told that my duty was guarded. My condition has got worse due to the fact that RM have taken me off the duty some time ago. When I mentioned this to OH assist they said that was for me to take up with RM management. They said that they recommend things to RM. couldn't believe it really. So basically all it is is a paper exercise. Thought it was our health they were interested in.
Anyway as I told them I cannot cope with the workload anymore due to my condition. OH assist said they would as DOM to see if any indoor work available , if not in my DO somewhere else. Failing that they said be prepared for your DOM to put you forward for IHR. Fine I said. Yea I want to carry on working but I said earlier it's the nature of the work causing my condition to flare up. Anyway my point being that OH assist reports are a waste of time imo if RM don't have to take on board what they get advised
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

OH ASSIST

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

They don't have to follow OH Assist advice that's true but at a subsequent ET, they would have to explain why ignoring it was a "reasonable" decision and also provide medical advice given where appropriate.

Even if you are IHR'd it may be possible that you can still lodge a claim for unfair dismissal because of their failure to follow their own medical advice. But I would check this out first before taking any action first as I am not 100% certain you can.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Pacific
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 14
Joined: 20 Nov 2015, 16:50
Gender: Male

OH ASSIST

Post by Pacific »

Thanks for that mate
Chelseablue
Posts: 2222
Joined: 19 Aug 2013, 14:33
Gender: Female

OH ASSIST

Post by Chelseablue »

My manager has now ,,forgot three times reg getting physio through oh assist . Three times I've went seen him , and still waiting . What's my best way forward now , I was referred ages ago to oh assist ,
hellpop
Posts: 62
Joined: 13 Nov 2011, 15:32
Gender: Male

OH ASSIST

Post by hellpop »

i had the same problem with my dom ref getting physio thru oh assist. got so fed up i saw my doctor who organised it thru the nhs. Dom went barmy but couldnt give a monkeys.they had their chance so now go every wk.my dr said if i had any more hassle he would just sign me off.